I just didn’t buy a Hemi, I bought the ULTIMATE HEMI

Old 05-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just didn’t buy a Hemi, I bought the ULTIMATE HEMI

What can I say, I have no money yet spend more of it than the Don himself,
hehehehe
waa waa waa waa (SOMEONE TAKE AWAY MY CREDIT CARDS......)

Do I need a car like this, NO
Do I want a car like this, OH YA!!!

It's mine I officially bought it

0-60 mph in under 5 seconds (wet or dry)
Quicker than Porsche Cayenne Turbo, BMW X5
Top speed: 155+ MPH Quarter mile: Mid-13's
0-100-0 mph in the low 19-second range

6.1-Liter, (370 cu in) HEMI,
10.3:1 Compression
420 bhp @ 6200 rpm
420 lb.-ft. @ 4800 rpm

Reinforced engine block,
Forged Steel Crankshaft,
High-Strength Powdered-Metal Connecting Rods,
Floating-Pin Pistons (cooled by oil squirters),
Oil pan modified to manage oil return to the pan sump at high engine speeds.
New higher-flow Cylinder Heads, reshaped ports for maximized air flow.
Larger-diameter valves (intake and exhaust valve stems are hollow, and the exhaust valve stems are filled with sodium to help dissipate heat more efficiently)
A specially designed intake manifold and fresh-air induction system (the intake manifold was designed with larger-diameter and shorter runners for higher-speed tuning). Performance-oriented Camshaft, peak power output to 6,000 RPM.
Headers with individual tubes encased in a Stainless Steel shell,
Exhaust is 2.75-inch with 4-inch chrome tips.
A special upgraded Torque Converter
A580 five-speed automatic transmission.
Upgraded Dana 44 Rear Differential (3.73) (with a larger ring gear and new axle housing)

W5A580 5-speed automatic.
Adaptive Electronic Control, Performance Tuned AutoStick “Driver-Interactive Manual Control”, Electronically modulated torque converter clutch.

Under normal driving conditions, from 5 percent to 10 percent of torque is directed to the front wheels, but as much of the 6.1-liter HEMI’s torque as needed can be directed forward when additional traction or stability is required. Remaining torque is sent via a heavy-duty driveshaft designed for the European Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel model, to a Dana 44 rear differential upgraded with a larger ring gear within a new axle housing.

Forged 20-inch Five-Spoke Aluminum Wheels with High-Performance Goodyear W-rated Four-Season tires with Run-Flat capability.
Tire dimensions are 255/45/20 in the front, and a massive 285/40/20 in the rear.

All four wheels feature Four-Piston Performance Brake Calipers developed by Brembo, finished in Gloss Black. Under braking, these calipers clamp down on 360 x 32mm vented rotors up front, with 350 x 28mm vented rotors in the rear.

You got to admit, this SOB got EVERYTHING.....

Some more Pic's HERE

Old 05-28-2006, 12:12 AM
HMM.

No money

YET>>>

Now you 2 of the most sought after limited editin trucks and none older then 2002.

Can I just have a branch of your money tree.

VINNIE

Congrats Rob.

Old 05-28-2006, 12:13 AM
THANKS PAL
WOO HOO!!!
OR SOMETHING......

I would have drove it home today but cant get Insurance til Tuesday, so I'll pick it up then I guess..

I figured if I'm going for broke why not add some options....

1-Year Service Provided by SIRIUS
Air Conditioning ATC with Dual Zone Control
Driver's Automatic-Dimming Exterior Mirror
Bright Pedals
Call SIRIUS to Activate at 888-539-7474
Deluxe Door Trim Panel
Heated Front Seats
ParkSense(TM) Rear Park Assist System
Power Adjustable Pedals with Memory
Power Sunroof
Power Front Seats with Driver Seat Memory
Power Heated Fold-Away Mirrors with Memory
Memory for Radio, Driver Seat and Mirrors
Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Front and Rear Side-Curtain Air Bags**
SIRIUS Satellite Digital Radio
SmartBeam(TM) Headlamps
Supplemental Side Air Bags**
UConnect(TM) Hands-Free Communication

I also got the Boston Acoustics Premium Sound System
with DVD-based GPS Navigation System with 6-CD/MP3 Chngr

SOMEONE HELP ME @^%$(&@$&@$%(@^$%(@$%(@$

Some dudes are claiming hi 12's straight off the showroom floor, thats what the Dealer claimed too, said they're extremely under rated at 420/420 ???
All I know is now I have 2 gas guzzlers, *&@#$^(*@#$%(@#$
hehehehehe
Hey I know maybe I can get a couple of those, "My other car is a Hot Rod too" bumper stickers, hehehehehehe

This is a nice little Vid

Originally Posted by robertk232
One guy has one in Germany and has had it up to 160, supposedly with no limiter they should approach 170 stock. There is a way you can pull a trans plug and make it rear wheel drive. http://media.putfile.com/GC-SRT8-Burn-out

Old 05-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Congrats on the new ride.

Are you keeping your L?

Old 05-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Rob, I'm jealous! I love them

Old 05-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Marry me and it's yours

Thanks LA, Thanks SS

We'll see, I'm going to try at least for a while ? These payments are going to be TUFF, like another mortgage payment tuff, so we'll see ??? I was really hoping for Ford to come through with the Adrenalin (spelling...) I would love to have one vehicle fullfill all my needs, and when I read up on this thing after my friend bought one I think I may have found my answer. Expensive but look at what you get in return --> "EVERYTHING" <--, and only 150 came to NY State out of 2157 made so I do believe these bad boys are going to keep some decent value. I also think it's going to be a real awsome vehicle, the inside is real nice, Recarro (sp) Seats, (Leather and Swede) ever option known to man kind, the kid can watch movies, play Video Games, we can take it up to the Mountains (amof I'm doing that in July), drive it in the snow, and even have a ton of fun on the streets blowing away Stock Lightning, baw hah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah a....

Here's there Commericial for it, pretty cool....
http://www.wkjeeps.com/video/jeep_srt8_tv.wmv

Old 05-28-2006, 12:47 AM
branch of your money tree,,lol

nice rig brother

let the mods begin,,lol

just alittle shot should get her in the 12's

Old 05-28-2006, 01:12 AM
nice buy, check out some of the SRT8 WK forums.

http://www.srt8oc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/

I'm sure you'll love it... I WANT ONE TOO!

CAIs are out, a company is making headers, check out the GSM ESP/FAN mod for the SRT8 http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76
It completely disables the computer crap that holds back any of the power at launch... which means with it you can get sideways on the launch with 4WD. If you wanna start spending big bucks I believe Hennesey makes a torque converter (lot of cash) I have seen ported heads, etc...

This is pretty sexy too

Sorry, once I get in the car mood I just post up crap left and right... I find myself looking on autotrader/ebay at lightnings and srt8s for periods of time that I would rather not disclose... Maybe I should just buy a plane ticket to your house, steal a car trailer... then put your srt8 on the trailer and tow it off with your L.

Last edited by robertk232; 05-28-2006 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:57 AM
Not bad Rob....not bad at all

So...I wonder how many came to Washington State ????

Old 05-28-2006, 03:01 AM
NICE Rob Congrats!!! your gonna love the truck my cuz picked one up.. but your going to hate the gas mileage on it.. be prepared to whip out the plastice alot more at the pump then the Lightning.. my cuz is having regrets on ever buying it.. but good luck Bro!!

Old 05-28-2006, 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by Bad as L
So...I wonder how many came to Washington State ????
http://wkjeeps.com/wk_srt8_distribution.htm

Rob, make sure you check out wkjeeps.com too if you haven't... and sign up and come stop by the speedfreaks forum at http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...splay.php?f=17

That's where I spend my time with my heads, cam, and bolt on 5.9 grand cherokee.

Last edited by robertk232; 05-28-2006 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:26 AM

I received my Jeep SRT-8 in April. Although there are a couple of things I don’t like about the GC SRT-8, I think team SRT did a very good job in designing the GC SRT-8. The first thing I noticed when I took my first drive in the GC SRT-8, was the immense grip it had. It just sticks to the ground like white on rice. I felt extremely safe driving in wet conditions.

Plus, the way this vehicle launches is incredible. It shoots off like a bullet. I was originally going to get the Adrenaline because I do think it would have been the better performance vehicle between the two had the Adrenaline been produced, but when the Adrenaline was cancelled, it was a no-brainer on which one to get. GSM has a supercharger that will be released very soon for the GC SRT-8 and that’s on the top of my list for performance mods for my GC SRT-8.

Although if someone released a turbo setup that was priced reasonably in the near future unlike what some other sellers will be charging for a turbo setup for the Jeep *cough* Hennessey *cough,* then I would probably go with the turbo setup instead because I could just imagine the fun driving an AWD beast like the GC SRT-8 with a turbo setup.

I have visited pretty much every GC SRT-8 forum on the web and for me, I think http://www.srt8oc.com/ is the best GC SRT-8 forum currently on the web. I have been a forum member on there site for several months. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the other GC SRT-8 forums on the net (I still visit them from time to time), but I just prefer from experience the srt8oc.com site than the others. Have fun with your new ride!

P.S- The 300C SRT-8 seems to be top performer overall among the SRT-8 6.1 liter family of vehicles. I haven’t read or seen a stock GC SRT-8 go lower than a 13.1 in the quarter-mile, but there has been plenty of stock 300C’s that I have gotten better quarter-mile times than a 13.1.

Old 05-28-2006, 08:52 AM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Rob, your out of control!

By the way the "ULTIMATE HEMI" is a 426cu

Old 05-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Awesome Rob !!!

I really like those also..........but I must resist........have to pay off bills.........must buy a new house in 5 years

Old 05-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks again everyone

Joined both Forums, Thanks Robert, and btw that is DEF my first Mod
Ya that WK Jeep . Com is what convinced me to buy this (lol)

Nihilism, Nice Ride (Thumbs Up)
Low 13's are a great starting point for the Family Vehicle ; o ), Thanks for the info. The more I read the more I'm convinced this GC was the right move for me, everyone boast about the traction WET AND DRY and for me and the NY winters it's going to be perfect, well other than having to pay for it.....

Time for some yard work, Thanks Again All

BTW,
What an awesome interior and dash this thing has too, WOO HOO!!!

Love the way you can shift it with a little slap from side to side too ; o )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I just didn’t buy a Hemi, I bought the ULTIMATE HEMI