Latest buzz in KC...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest buzz in KC...

http://www.saveourstadiums.com/q2_index.html
A little background...On April 4, voters in Jackson County, Missouri will vote on a 3/8 cent sales tax to fund improvements to the Truman Sports complex. This is where the Royals play at Kauffman Stadium and the Chiefs play at Arrowhead stadium. The improvements are needed in my opinion to the stadiums, however the big WOW factor in all of this is the rolling roof idea.

In November the NFL invited KC to host a Super Bowl in 2015, provided it had a controlled climate. So the big-wigs revived the rolling roof idea (that was scratched back in the late sixties) in order to bring in the Super Bowl.

When built, it would be able to literally roll between Kaufmann and Arrowhead as needed. Provided that the Royals have only been rained out 69 times over 33 years Oh, and we could host the NCAA Final Four...in a freakin' NFL stadium.

An intriging concept, but at $202M, I think we're wasting our time with the giant Pringle potato chip.

Thought some of you guys might be interested in this, and I would take the time to mock it. There are conceptual videos and sketches to be found on that website.

Last edited by KSUWildcat; 03-28-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:45 PM
So it covers the field but does climate control require temperature control as well?

You know the typical SB fans are snobby and cant handle real cold.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:46 PM
That's awesome. I'd vote for it. Better to build that than have my tax dollars go towards some hippie jackass or crack momma on food stamps. And while they were only rained out 69 times (heh heh, I said '69') there were PLENTY more games that it rained during. I've never been to a rained out Tigers game but I've been to plenty of rain-delayed and drizzled on games. The Pringles chip rules!!!!

Old 03-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by vader716
So it covers the field but does climate control require temperature control as well?

You know the typical SB fans are snobby and cant handle real cold.
Forgot to mention that. When a climate controlled environment is desired, plastic curtains are fixed to the open areas on the end of the potato chip and sealed up. The heaters would take roughly two days to bring the stadium to the "comfortable" temperature.

But this only applies to the football stadium, they are only interested in the umbrella and shade for the baseball stadium in the summer.

That's true D, but those tax dollars don't exist yet. I'm already funding the pimps and hoes!
Pimp Arrested

Old 03-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Putting any sort of roof over Arrowhead would be an absolute travesty! It will completely ruin the history, ambiance, and home field advantage of what is perhaps one of the nicest facilities in the NFL!!!

I know of what I speak. As a devoted Minnesota Viking's fan I went from the blissful, snowy, home field advantage of old Metropolitan Stadium to the sterile, mind-numbing atmosphere of the Metrodome!

I have been to several "retractable roof" NFL facilities for games over the years and NONE of them give you anything close to the atmosphere of a true, outdoor stadium!

Quick Reply: Latest buzz in KC...