F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion-55/)
-   -   Jessica Simpson snubs Bush (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/232946-jessica-simpson-snubs-bush.html)

jamzwayne 03-16-2006 09:40 AM

Jessica Simpson snubs Bush

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Concerned about politicizing her favorite charity, singer-actress Jessica Simpson Wednesday turned down a invitation to meet with President Bush, a snub that left Republicans dismayed.

Story

Bluejay 03-16-2006 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by jamzwayne
LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Concerned about politicizing her favorite charity, singer-actress Jessica Simpson Wednesday turned down a invitation to meet with President Bush, a snub that left Republicans dismayed.

Story

Dismayed? Good grief, why should they care.

ddellwo 03-16-2006 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Dismayed? Good grief, why should they care.

Yeah -- I doubt that many of the folks who tune in to see what's going on in Jessica Simpson's life even make it to the polls come election night. I just think the Republican's savor any cracks they can find in the Liberal fortress of today's pop/Hollywood culture....

Raoul 03-16-2006 10:27 AM

I hear the Dixie Chicks are available that evening.

mkinttrim 03-16-2006 10:29 AM

I think she didn't want to upstage Bush because she was smarter!

Bluejay 03-16-2006 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Raoul

They are available most evenings.:lol:

I just have no interest in looking at airheads, well, I would like to get a look at LT, but that don't count.

anandsihra 03-16-2006 11:17 AM

If Jessica Simpson was in the room with me, I would become a "Clinton"!!!

ddellwo 03-16-2006 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Raoul

Actually, if I am not mistaken, they DID perform at one of Bush's inaugurations as Governor of Texas....:rolleyes:

Bluejay 03-16-2006 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by ddellwo
Actually, if I am not mistaken, they DID perform at one of Bush's inaugurations as Governor of Texas....:rolleyes:

Yep, that was when they needed the publicity and before Natalie popped off.

ddellwo 03-16-2006 12:27 PM

Yep, that was when they needed the publicity and before Natalie popped off.

Yep.

Don't believe what everyone tries to tell you about there being "no such thing as bad publicity" -- Natalie's smart-a$$ little comment cost them MILLIONS!

Of course, by that time they already had MILLIONS tucked away in the bank, so it's not as if it will probably alter their lives in too many ways from here on out. I'm sure none of the girls needs to work another day in their life if they so choose!

Bighersh 03-16-2006 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by ddellwo
Yep.

Don't believe what everyone tries to tell you about there being "no such thing as bad publicity" -- Natalie's smart-a$$ little comment cost them MILLIONS!

Of course, by that time they already had MILLIONS tucked away in the bank, so it's not as if it will probably alter their lives in too many ways from here on out. I'm sure none of the girls needs to work another day in their life if they so choose!

Yep, and on CMT- it said they are about to go on tour, in conjunction with the release of their "eagerly anticipated" album...

Eagerly anticipated, doesn't translate into money lost...

F150_Sweden 03-16-2006 01:56 PM

Are the "Dixie Chicks" big in the us, and how big?
In their home country (my home country) they are not very well known....

then again.... not to many people listen to country here either....

Krohbar 03-16-2006 02:13 PM

The Dixie Chicks are more a Las Vegas side show than a real band. :coffee:

RDY2RAC 03-16-2006 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bighersh
Yep, and on CMT- it said they are about to go on tour, in conjunction with the release of their "eagerly anticipated" album...

I heard their next CD was not going to be country.

rdy2rac with

lovetrucks 03-16-2006 07:59 PM

They are available most evenings.:lol:

I just have no interest in looking at airheads, well, I would like to get a look at LT, but that don't count.

Now you're calling me an airhead?!!!!!! I wish I saw this post earlier.:p