The time has come!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The time has come!

It is now time to pull completely out of Iraq and bring our mena and women home. This new civil unrest is not our business and for us to be loosing American warriors in it is wrong.

I have stuck with staying over there long enough. We will not ever get our seeds of democracy rooted in this country. There is just no way. This place is not a place where we need to stay and fight "the war on terror" we need to cut and run with 85% of our military over there and have a base out of harms way. We need to stop having to drive by IED's on a daily basis. A fly into and fly out of base. I really am sorry for the people that we initially had good intentions and where unable to accomplish our goal, but we got Saddam and we now nee to leave.

Do I honestly think its the best policy given foreign affairs, of course not. But our country is in need of change and part of that is bringing our troops back.

What do you all think??????????????????????????????

Old 02-23-2006, 12:41 PM
I have to agree with ya, Thrill... That country is nothing but savages in the first place. THAT will never change.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BRUZRs_Daddy
I have to agree with ya, Thrill... That country is nothing but savages in the first place. THAT will never change.

Add me to that list.

It's impossible to try and help people that can't help themselves.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:46 PM
+1....F them....we came to help.....least they could do is say thank you.....but I guess they liked being ruled by a dictator that would place a bullet in their head if they looked at him the wrong way.......

....I never really felt Iraq was as much of a threat as North Korea or Iran.....still felt it was one.....but I would have struck one of the other two before Iraq.....and now that we are "failing" in Iraq....it just strengthens both North Korea and Irans idea that they could compete against the U.S.

....I say lets pull out.....regroup.....and then prepare for the next war.....

Old 02-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by wstahlm80
+1....F them....we came to help.....least they could do is say thank you.....but I guess they liked being ruled by a dictator that would place a bullet in their head if they looked at him the wrong way.......

....I never really felt Iraq was as much of a threat as North Korea or Iran.....still felt it was one.....but I would have struck one of the other two before Iraq.....and now that we are "failing" in Iraq....it just strengthens both North Korea and Irans idea that they could compete against the U.S.

....I say lets pull out.....regroup.....and then prepare for the next war.....

I cant give you a "rep point", but I can say, "good post".

Old 02-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Old 02-23-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm just curious if you (the generic you) supported going in in the first place.

There were those conservatives (I being one of them) that preached this before we launched the first attack and were berated by Neo-cons as going soft or liberal. This was a foregone conclusion.

Yea we could knock out their military...no challenge there....
pulling down the Saddam statue...looked great....
convincing the locals to do things our way....was never going to happen

Do we believe that we are any more secure now that we have factions of groups running sections of the country? Saddam was a brutal dictator and when he gets executed that's great.....but the local Iraqis had to be the ones to do it. Until they were so sick of him that they got past their own differences and banded together they weren't ready. Now we've created a power vacuum and all the little powers that be are fighting amongst themselves.

Iraq is less secure now than it was before we went in.

and in the mean time....lets see....

Hamas has control of "Palestine"
Iran is well on their way to nuclear empowerment
and N Korea is there

I like Bush and his conviction to do whats right I just think we jumped in way to fast before considering what many believed was a foregone conclusion.

Oh and now I believe it is too late....if we pull and run we will look weak and not committed. "Yea the Americans are tough but if you can outlast them they get war weary and pull out"

No I'm afraid we are stuck now.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:10 PM
First of all, I support our troops wherever they are. I don't find it coincidental that we haven't had a terrorist attack on American soil since 2001, I believe that has everything to do with our forces in Afgansitan and Iraq. People know not to f with us.

Our family is supporting troops and family members of the Stryker Brigade in Iraq currently. We receive news and updates from the soldiers, most of which tell of how much the Americans are appreciated in Iraq, and how schools, businesses and families are thriving now that the Americans are there. You don't hear these things on the news, just the death, mayham and distruction that they love to advertise because it gives their liberal bantering more ammunition against the current government.

I want our troops to come home too, especially the ones that I have become friends with over the last couple of months. We started a job though, and I hope we can leave their feeling that we accomplished our goals. I don't think we need to wipe their noses and asses though, I hope soon they figure out how to govern themselves.

Last edited by 05RoushMarkLT; 02-23-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Roush and Vader,

I agree with both of you and would never say a negative thing against the troops over there. In fact in writing these little topics I try and always leave that equation out.

With that said, how at this point, could we leave in a way that would make us look good to the world. I don't think its possible at this point. I think it will take time to repair foreign relations after this, but the sooner we are out the quicker we can begin to do so. I have looked and searched and thought on ways that we could stay and accomplish the end result and I simply do not see any way. Now there are people far smarter than I in charge of this ordeal but thay have got to be seeing some of the same stuff we are.

I also agree what we see on nightly news is not an accurate representation of what trully is going on over there as far as what we are doing in a humanitarian way. This is unfortunate, and will give rise, I hope, to a large voting percentage of military men and women upon there return. There has got to be some changes in our economy soon or we will be another third world economy, but thats for another thread.

As for going to war to begin with. I had my reservations, but again it comes back to my unwavering support of the American troops and the Commander in Chief. Mistakes happen though, and at least Saddam has been caught. We will have to wait for the next dictator in the area but for now, lets get out.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT
First of all, I support our troops wherever they are. I don't find it coincidental that we haven't had a terrorist attack on American soil since 2001, I believe that has everything to do with our forces in Afgansitan and Iraq. People know not to f with us.

Our family is supporting troops and family members of the Stryker Brigade in Iraq currently. We receive news and updates from the soldiers, most of which tell of how much the Americans are appreciated in Iraq, and how schools, businesses and families are thriving now that the Americans are there. You don't hear these things on the news, just the death, mayham and distruction that they love to advertise because it gives their liberal bantering more ammunition against the current government.

I want our troops to come home too, especially the ones that I have become friends with over the last couple of months. We started a job though, and I hope we can leave their feeling that we accomplished our goals. I don't think we need to wipe their noses and asses though, I hope soon they figure out how to govern themselves.
EXACTLY... well said!

Old 02-23-2006, 02:24 PM
The majority of the insurgents are giving up. As soon as they see US troops, they throw down there weapons and are taken into custody. I would venture a guess that the majority of them do not want to fight any more, but there is pressure from their leaders to continue the fight at any cost. This is why there are so many suicide bombings, and reckless fighting going on. These people that we are fighting are desperate, they know they are losing and it will only be a victory and motivation to them if we pull out. The Iraq people are so used to being led, that they don't know how to do it themselves. This includes the insurgents.

That being said, I wish we would of positioned a sniper to send off a lead pill from one ear to the other on Sadaam's melon, and let these people figure it out themselves. I don't like our troops being over there any more than the next guy, but we've started a job and have to finish. How do we finish? Only time will tell, but the answer is not to walk away.

If we were to walk into North Korea or Iran in the same manner, we would be looking alot closer to WWIII. We knew we could trash the Iraqies and Afganistan, but the government knows we have to be a hell of a lot more careful with these other psyco's.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Wait folks......Dont get me wrong.

I completely support our troops 100%. I dont have to agree on where they are stationed, and their duties, but I will always support our troops. It's not their fault that they are there.

I am simply saying this is a "war" that will never end. We can have troops over there till the end of our days, and the bottom line is, they do NOT want our help. Their lifestyles are completely different then ours, and we will never understand why they are the way they are....and visa versa.

True we are there to help, I truely believe that. BUT, it's not going anywhere.

Does that make any sense, or have I been in my cave for too long?

Last edited by jamzwayne; 02-23-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Jamz, I don't think anyone questioned that. I think this board is overwhelmingly for the troops overall. (plus, if they did they would know what's coming to them, and thats scary,lol.)

Old 02-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Thrill Racing
Jamz, I don't think anyone questioned that. I think this board is overwhelmingly for the troops overall. (plus, if they did they would know what's coming to them, and thats scary,lol.)

Yea unless someone specifically mentions otherwise I assume they support the troops with every fiber of their being. Any criticism of the war I view as directed at the administration....which is fair.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Oh, ok. I got worried.

:o

Quick Reply: The time has come!