I need coffee IV drip . . . . STAT

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need coffee IV drip . . . . STAT

Hey y'all . . .

Good morning (I think)

A lot of you know how much I like COFFEE.

OK . . . NEED coffee . . .

OK I'M ADDICTED TO CAFFEINE ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?!?!?!?!

(Hey, it's the first step toward recovery, right?)

God, that's a beautiful picture . . .

Well, let me just say that the past couple of days have not been conducive to sleep. Last night I didn't get to bed till about 6:30 this morning (so I guess that isn't last night actually) . . . and awoke at 8:30.

Now normally this does not pose problems, I have often gone with a few hours sleep a day or gone two days without sleep with no problem . . . but for the past two days I'm feeling pretty much the zombie . . . I don't know if maybe by coincidence I'm coming down with something or what . . .

That's why I'm wondering . . . do you think the human body could stand putting coffee into the system intravenously?

Because, seriously, old Kobi here is thinking of stopping by Cedars-Sinai, meandering thru the surgery wing, and snagging one of these:

Going by Starbucks of Peets, and filling that puppy up with a quintuple espresso (let it cool first) and then slam it into a vein . . . .

I mean, damn, I'm tired . . . and shaky . . .and I got a headache.

Good Lord . . . is this what it's like when you kids drink too much? Why would anyone do this to themselves? On the other hand, maybe I should take up drinking!

All right, I'm rambling . . . time to go . . . .

See what happens when I'm sleep deprived?!?!?

By the way, Christmas is coming.

For Christmas, I want the world to stop, just for a day at least, and for everyone to THINK.

:santa:

Old 10-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Old 10-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by vader716

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!

Oh God . . . I think I'm gonna start weeping for no reason . . .

MUST SLEEP!

Old 10-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the coffee IV would kill you, but when I'm in the field and need that little "pick me up" I just stick a pinch of coffee in my lip like a dip....seems to do the trick

Old 10-21-2005, 01:28 PM
You poor man....I need my morning coffee but I can make it a day or so without it.....

Old 10-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by rltripp
I'm pretty sure the coffee IV would kill you, but when I'm in the field and need that little "pick me up" I just stick a pinch of coffee in my lip like a dip....seems to do the trick
That rhymes . . . and it even rhymes with your name . . .

why do I think that's funny?

Oh God, now I'm laughing . . . this must be what it's like to be stoned . . .

I can stop laughing . . .

Old 10-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by vader716
You poor man....I need my morning coffee but I can make it a day or so without it.....

Dude . . . I can SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO
relate to that!

I stopped laughing by the way . . . now I'm just trying to remember how to move . . .

Old 10-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kobi,
Step away from the coffee pot!
Stay away from Starbucks!
Step away from the coffe can, beans, or anything else with coffee.

Take 2 of these and call me when you wake up in a few days.

When I was working as a composition artist for the local news paper, I was having some sleeping issues from stress in my personal life at the time. I started keeping a little bag of gourmet coffee beans in my desk drawer to snack on throu out the day and stay awake. It became a huge craze in the office, soon everyone was snacking on coffee beans.

Old 10-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
When I was working as a composition artist for the local news paper . . . I started keeping a little bag of gourmet coffee beans in my desk drawer to snack on throu out the day and stay awake. It became a huge craze in the office, soon everyone was snacking on coffee beans.
So let me get this straight...

You'd chew on the bean? Did you actually bite into them? Break them? Swallow them? or . . .did you just suck on them? or what?

Aren't they as hard as a rock?

Sounds interesting? Sounds like it's wake you right up!

PS, composite artist at a paper . . .how do you get that job? is it just photoshop? what programs did they use?

Old 10-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes it was the whole bean, some would bite them in half then suck on the two halves. I preferred to suck on it for 10 mins or so to soften it, then chew it. Some got to where they were popping them by the handfuls.

Since you mouth is suppose to absorb chemicals faster than anything else. Then it is the next step down from you IV as far as getting straight into your blood stream.

Oddly enough I got that job by answering an ad that they ran in their paper.
I have a Associates in photography with an emphasis on graphic design.
Had been out of school for 8 years and had not done a thing in that field. When I seen the ad I then printed my resume and burned a CD with several examples of posters, flyers, etc that I had done freelance or for family, friends, etc. I really did not know if I wanted the job so I did not let them know about my education. I dropped my resume off minus the edu. info to the receptionist and left. They called me that afternoon and offered me the job for a lot more $$$ than I expected from the tight wad that owns the publishing Co.

When I got there they were using Photoshop 4.0 (I had 7.0 at my house so that was frustrating) but that was just for photo toning and editing. They use Multi-Ad, Quark, or Pagemaker for lay out. Each publication used a specific program for layout. I was one of the 4 artist for all 10 news papers and 15 different magazines. I had to look at the hand sketched layout/order form that the sales team would give us. To see which publication that it was for to know which program to use, and what size to build it. By the time I left I had upgraded to PS 7.0 and had them add Illustrator on my G4 machine. The graphic possibilities that I could create print press ready, were then limited only by our own imaginations.

That was by far the most fun I have ever had at any job. I worked there for 2 years and it never once seemed old or dull or run of the mill. I woke up every morning looking forward to getting to work and hated having to leave at night. But they lost a major government contract they had for 2 of magazines we created for the military. That took 80 hours of work per week from our department. I was the youngest with least seniority so 2 months later when we couldn't milk the work out any thinner anymore. They moved me to Tech support/help desk in the sister company "an ISP". With the hopes of going back to Composition as soon as they could. I hated that job with a passion!

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 10-21-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Feeling better Kobi? You get any sleep yet? Poor baby. . .

Have another hug

Quick Reply: I need coffee IV drip . . . . STAT