question about Norton Internet Security

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
question about Norton Internet Security

OK, I should know the routine by now but my memory isn't what it used to be. I have heard that by deleting and then reloading Norton I can change the subscription renewal date to one year from the current date. My question is: What information do I need to have before I delete my current NIS? Is there a customer number or serial number somewhere that I need to find and write down before deleting this program? Just my luck I'd delete it, reload it and not be able to activate it. Then I'd have to purchase the entire thing over again instead of just paying the renewal.

Old 10-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if deleting it then reloading it will work. You will need to clean out your registry for it to work properly. I know reformatting your hard drive will work....if it's a copy that came preloaded on your computer. Now, I have heard of searching on limewire and other various sites for a "Norton Subscription" extender. But that would be illegal....but it would work.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You would definetly have to clean out your registry for that to work...easiest way is to get the crack...unplug your ethernet cable (internet) and let the crack do the phone challenge and response. But it is illeagle.....

Quick Reply: question about Norton Internet Security