Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Speaking of remakes.

The new CCF looks horrible. I am not a too crazy about Johnny Dep to begin with but it looks like they butchered the original one. I have watched it a few time recently due to my 6 year old dayghter loving it. The old one is a lot darker of a movie than I ever remebered it. But the new one just can't hold up. Plus, I heard there were only like one midget in the show and the rest are computer images of him. And, with the risk of sounding girly, the singing in the first movie was a very important part. If you havn't watched the first one in a LONG time do your self a favor and check it out. It is pretty good.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Thrill Racing
Speaking of remakes.

The new CCF looks horrible. I am not a too crazy about Johnny Dep to begin with but it looks like they butchered the original one. I have watched it a few time recently due to my 6 year old dayghter loving it. The old one is a lot darker of a movie than I ever remebered it. But the new one just can't hold up. Plus, I heard there were only like one midget in the show and the rest are computer images of him. And, with the risk of sounding girly, the singing in the first movie was a very important part. If you havn't watched the first one in a LONG time do your self a favor and check it out. It is pretty good.
Originally, when I heard they were coming out with this movie I thought it was about Charlie as an adult when he inherited the chocolate factory. This is what it should have been. There was two WW books, ***** Wonka and the CF and I think the other was something about the glass elevator. I like JD, but he can't compete with Wilder, especially in this movie. I'll wait until it comes out on netflix.
I loved the original, I own it. It's funny watching it now, because there are a lot of inuendos (sp) and symbolism and I catch them now. BTW, someone had to have been doing some of the puff puff in the making of the that one, especially the scene when they are in the boat.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:28 PM
See my feelings on the DoH remake...

In short....don't mess with the classics.

Depp did a great Pirates of the Car, I even though Sleep Hollow was decent but this C and the CF is horrible looking.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't see Johnny Depp as the worst pick. I think that we all have this picture of Gene Wilder as ***** Wonka and anyone besides that is criminal. I'll admit I'm a bit guilty of that myself.

But as far as the movie itself, I read somewhere that this new one holds to the original book much better than the original movie with Gene Wilder.

I wonder if there will be a Mr. Slugsworth?
*off to find the everlasting gobstopper*

Old 07-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Apparently they were going to use somebody different to Depp in the lead role but the guy was unavailable during the shoot.

Could have been a different film altogether.

Old 07-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 07-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by EnglishAdam
Apparently they were going to use somebody different to Depp in the lead role but the guy was unavailable during the shoot.

Could have been a different film altogether.

------------------------------------------------------------------

That's hilarious ( in a strange sort of way )

Old 07-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Great, and my GF wants to go see it at the drive in , course we only make it halfway through the movies.

Looks pretty cheesy IMO.

Old 07-16-2005, 12:49 AM
DRIVE-IN ???!!!???

Those things still exist?????

There hasn't been a drive-in around here since the 70's.

Man, I almost forgot about those things!

Old 07-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Heck yeah, one of the last remaining in the States is just 30 miles from me.
Neligh, Nebraska-Starlite Drive In

You can have some hella good times at drive ins
But there is a cop that ALWAYS drives thru there during intermission. Gotta watch for him.

Old 07-16-2005, 03:54 AM
Saw it tonight...pretty good flick too.

Old 07-16-2005, 02:18 PM
This new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is supposed to follow the original book closer, besides being darker and meaner it's supposed to include many scenes that the 1971 movie didn't include.

As for Depp, I not a big fan of his politics, but he is a very good actor. But what scares me is the critic that loved his portrayal in Pirates of the Caribbean hated him in CCF! I hope he is wrong, but I'll find out later today.

Old 07-16-2005, 03:29 PM
saw the movie last night, and they did a great job with it.

we have the willie wonka movie as well and i like both of them. actually like charlie and the chocolate factory better than the willie wonka movie.

johnny depp is a great actor and seems to have a knack for picking really good characters to play.

on a side note, got to the theater for a 7:15 p.m. viewing. wife buys the tickets, 2 adult, 1 child.... 25.00 bucks.

9.50 for each adult, 6 for our son. thats bull*****.

saw the white stripes live, with two opening bands for 12 bucks two years ago. now its almost the same price to watch a video tape for a hour and 1/2.

we rarely go to the movies, usually end up renting movies after they come out, then buy what we want to keep.

its going to be a real long time before they get me in a theater again at 10 bucks a shot (and i liked this movie).

Old 07-16-2005, 08:04 PM
They charge that price becuase they can.

Old 07-16-2005, 08:58 PM
let's not forget... Johnny Depp moved to France because he's anti-American.

So don't reward him with more money. Boycott the movie.

Quick Reply: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory