most disturbing cartoon I have ever seen (should be banned)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My kids watch Adult Swim, Robot Chicken, Futurama, South Park,Family Guy, religously. Even though I think those shows are silly, and tasteless, I would never wish them off the air. That's why they created 31 flavors; to suit different tastes.

4pointsex

Old 07-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
I downloaded every version Black Bunny Productions made before Sci-Fi bought TTR from him and fired him.
According to Dark Bunny Productions, they weren't exactly fired....

"Chuck and I were never kicked off or asked to leave the show. In fact, when writing had begun on the first episode, we were set up with a nice office, bought brand new computers, and were otherwise made welcome on the production. Then about two or three weeks later we found out that there was no money in the budget to actually pay us to work on the show. Disappointed, we gathered our things, wished the show well and sought other avenues to pay our mortgages. No animosity or bluster or fireworks. So no condolences are needed. We're still the creators and still get our piece of the pie."

Old 07-08-2005, 02:25 AM
Just to clear up some of the confusion, he is not my son. He is my brothers stepson. My brother and his wife and children live with us for the time being. They just moved back here from Texas about a month ago and do not have a house of their own yet.

My brother lets him stay up until around 10 or so during the summer because there is no school. During school, he would not be up that late. I did mention to my brother today about the cartoon in question and he told his son that he is to not have cartoon network on after 7 or 8 pm and that he would be grounded if he did.

Before they moved back here, all he done was play video games and watch cartoon network. He has watched and seen so much now that he is scared to even go to sleep without a light on. He is terrified of the dark because of all the cartoons and games he has watched and played. Before my brother and his wife got married, she basically used video games and cartoons as a baby sitter to keep him occupied and out of her hair.

My brother did not realize what show he was watching. I guess I was a little harsh saying the cartoon should be banned, but it is things like this that children will see. Maybe the series should not be banned, but maybe that one cartoon. Or maybe not allow that particular scene on the air.

Thanks for the input and I did notice the thread getting off track some. Just kidding

Old 07-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by paulv107
I did notice the thread getting off track some.

welcome to F150online

Old 07-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
True Dat ^^ LOL

Old 07-08-2005, 11:43 AM
not saying that all kids are the same, but i watched Legends (movie with tim currey and a very young tom cruise) and sure that was all dark and gloomey and stuff. but it never effected me, nor did watching stuff like nightmare on elm street (the tv series they had for awhile). and those are just to name a few that i watched sometimes instead of toons.

i dont think in general toons, movies, videogames, music is what messes with kids minds. sometimes it could be parents arguing, or being bullied at school to name a few that might really effect a child to sleep with their bed lights on.

question how old is the kid? you say he still sleeps with his bed light on?...some times parents allow a kid to maintain a certain habit even once they are past the age. for example, my kid brother was about 6-8 when he finally stopped talking/playing with his imaginary friend. its just a matter of when the parent tells them no.

all in all, parents are about 95% of what mainfests in a child. the other 5% is probably composed of different things. so to say that the only reason a kid is afraid of the dark because of a video game or toon is kinda hard to believe. theres normally more to it.

peace

~Q

Old 07-08-2005, 12:10 PM
I still usually sleep with the tv on for the noise and the light (Of course I live in an earth burm home and thier are no windows in my bedroom So broad day light you can turn the lights off and not see your hand in front of your face. Great when I was working second shift because it ws always night time for me.) I also still have imaginary friends. Is there suppose to be something wrong with those two things?

Seriously though I don't see anything wrong with nightlights. I do have one in every room in the house that run 24/7. If I wake up in the middle of the night and think that I hear something. I dont want to go through each room and turn the light on to investigate. If someone is in the house I dont want them to know where I am. I want to surprise them so I want to be totaly stealth.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Qiterplop
not saying that all kids are the same, but i watched Legends (movie with tim currey and a very young tom cruise) and sure that was all dark and gloomey and stuff. but it never effected me,
~Q

I still affected by a movie that featured Tom Cruise as a homo and Tim Curry as the devil

Old 07-08-2005, 04:01 PM
I've always been a horror film freak. The only one that affected me is when I was like 4-5 or 6 years old (some where in there) I sat up and watched the Exorcist with my mom.
OH MY FREAKIN GOD!
To a young guy that was some scary crap. I had nightmares for a week afterwards. I'm still scared to go to bed after I watch it now! I love it it's the best movie, EVER!

Old 07-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by J-150
I still affected by a movie that featured Tom Cruise as a homo
So that's all his movies then?

Old 07-08-2005, 05:10 PM
lol..

Old 07-09-2005, 12:00 PM
10 years old ,10 PM, and you want it banned for the adults that it is intended for?You must be that cool Uncle,how many beers did you let him drink?

Old 07-09-2005, 12:24 PM
i wish this had came out when i was a little kid, abit off subject. but i think im gonna be having nightmares tonight.

http://www.gorehoundinc.com/index2.html

~Q

Old 07-09-2005, 03:26 PM
crazy stuff!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 PM
cn

I agree that the stuff on adult swim is bad for kids..i don't like that they put it on what is cartoon network at earlier hours it's still a network made for children. Parents cannot ALWAYS watch their children's every move as much as most probably wish they could. I have watched some of the programs on adult swim and I've seen content that is just plain wrong, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that beastiality, murder, etc is wrong and it should not be on any tv station. I don't think that cartoons should need blocks, they are cartoons and should not be on a children's channel even if it is late at night. Sometimes kids have sleepovers and stay up late or there may be other reasons why the kids are up late..they should not even be subjected to some of the content..we are so quick to blame parents when the blame should be placed on the masses for the turning of heads to content like this. The more we allow actors, producers, etc to try and be "risky" and "taboo" the more sickness we will have leaking out into our brains and children's brains, we have become numb. This proves it, let's find our spinal columns everyone and quit letting this be an issue.

Quick Reply: most disturbing cartoon I have ever seen (should be banned)