I CANNOT find an F150 single cab 4x4, 5.4L. Did they make them?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now theres 8 lol i have an 01 regular cab stepside with the 5.4 XD

Originally Posted by Raoul
As far as I know there are only seven of us.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i must ask myself... why are there 10y/o threadbumps...

Old 04-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 1997 lariat 4.6
i must ask myself... why are there 10y/o threadbumps...
Because there are some smart people that can figure out how to search.

Somewhat rare, but that is an indication of how lazy most can be.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel Gower
now theres 8 lol i have an 01 regular cab stepside with the 5.4 XD
Actually with yours it's now down to 5 -- 3 of the members in the initial thread have died of extreme old age since this one was started......

Old 04-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Smile

lmao good one. im searching for others with the same truck model i have. its quite hard and generally any post from said peoples are pretty old

Originally Posted by ddellwo
Actually with yours it's now down to 5 -- 3 of the members in the initial thread have died of extreme old age since this one was started......

Old 04-28-2012, 05:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sscully
because there are some smart people that can figure out how to search.

Somewhat rare, but that is an indication of how lazy most can be.
this

Old 04-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find it rather "funny" that everyone get's chewed out if they don't use the search. Then when some do actually use the search they get ridiculed for it. Does it really matter if it's a 10 year old thread or a 5 day old thread?

Old 04-28-2012, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by MTM Ford
I find it rather "funny" that everyone get's chewed out if they don't use the search. Then when some do actually use the search they get ridiculed for it. Does it really matter if it's a 10 year old thread or a 5 day old thread?
On this site, no it does not if it is applicable ( as this one is ).

Those that have a comment about old thread being used correctly, are dragging the rules from the #2 F150 site over to this one.

That site is in 2nd place for a reason....

The only thread bump ( be it 10 min or 10 years ) that is not correct, is about Chevy ads on a Ford site. In correct usage, the thread never should have been created in the 1st place.
It keeps the site free for us to use, pull up your big boy pants and deal with it.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Alright!!! Resurrected thread on a reg cab 4x4!!! I'm in. Way to use search.

Last edited by BLUE20004X4; 04-28-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with you SSCULLY. It's just when you see someone make a new thread and the first 10 posts are "Use the search" Then when someone does actually use the search the next 10 posts after are "way to bump an X old thread" Doesn't seem like it matters what you do, you're wrong.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree with you SSCULLY. It's just when you see someone make a new thread and the first 10 posts are "Use the search" Then when someone does actually use the search the next 10 posts after are "way to bump an X old thread" Doesn't seem like it matters what you do, you're wrong.
Whats funny about that is they'll drag up the ancient thread offering a solution or they'll ask did you ever fix that.. The 10 year old thread the OP is dead by now or he has long forgotten that 1998 f-150.
Search is great and all but people make mistakes draging them up without realizing there long dead.. There should be and archive that after a post has been dead for a few years its locked. Could always link old threads... Its always newbies who do it to. They end up embarrassing them selves and you never see them again.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:31 AM

No rule about old thread bumps, so that is not the wrong thing to do.

Those that comment on it, need to take that attitude to the #2 site where they can revel in the lack of content and information.

The TOU has the rules for this site.
Those that drag the 2nd place site crap over here, have zero say in it.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by jethat
Whats funny about that is they'll drag up the ancient thread offering a solution or they'll ask did you ever fix that.. The 10 year old thread the OP is dead by now or he has long forgotten that 1998 f-150. ...<snip>...
Guess my threads from a decade ago are not longer valid then ?

Diagnoses inline with previous threads is a very valid thing to do.
Just had a member bring up a thread that was hanging dead, they picked up where the other member left off and closed out the thread with what they found.

This makes that old thread useful to the next member that searches for it in the future. This is what drives traffic to the site, and how IB makes money.

Originally Posted by jethat
. ...<snip>...Search is great and all but people make mistakes draging them up without realizing there long dead.. There should be and archive that after a post has been dead for a few years its locked. Could always link old threads... Its always newbies who do it to. They end up embarrassing them selves and you never see them again.
It is NOT a mistake to bump a 10 year old thread here.

Let's get that straight right away.

The TOU does not have this rule in it, stop dragging the rules from the #2 site over here, and applying them.

New members do not embarrass themselves by doing this, members that create their own rules about it, and make comments to this effect in the thread are the ones that chase new members away.

If you like threads that are useful content archived and locked, go to another site.
This useful feature is one of the items that sets F150online apart from the also-rans.
Then again with a thread full of posts with "search" and "x2" to the post of search is not that useful, so over there it is a good rule to have, as the thread would just continue in the circular definition of search -> x2 to infinity.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:24 PM
wow... all you people complaining about the thread bump, um why dont you go ahead and do my research for me and figure where else i can find info on a truck that is well over 10 yrs old itself and oh yeah not a common find. like i said before its usually really old threads that do have any information on my truck. i can find threads for the 4.2 or the 4.6 all day. my 5.4 in my reg cab truck, well not so much. thanks to all you who dont mind. oh and if it bothers you why even click and comment on it?? you make yourselves sound stupid "OMG! and old thread what an idiot" well you're the idiot for clicking and then wasting even more of your own time for commenting on it. you know there is always the option to just keep scrolling.

Last edited by Daniel Gower; 04-30-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:48 PM
There's one in my area and it has "SPORT 4X4" on the stylesides and with XLT badges. I never saw one at the dealer where I bought mine 11 years ago.

Quick Reply: I CANNOT find an F150 single cab 4x4, 5.4L. Did they make them?