F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

F350 Brake Fail

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F350 Brake Fail

Yesterday I was going to get gas for the lawn mower and had to stop because of a wreck ahead. When I pressed the pedal it went to the floor. I was able to swerve into the right turn lane and press the emergency brake to get stopped. The rubber hose on the left front wheel had blown out.
We had to postpone our trip to the mountains the day before because my wife had hurt her back. If we had made it to the mountains and the brakes had failed, we would have been killed I'm sure.
My truck is an 07 6.0 and I think what I'm trying to say is I think it would be a good idea if you have a truck around that vintage to do an inspection on the brake hoses. I'm positive that it was Devine Intervention that kept us from making the trip as planned. I'm having all the brake hoses replaced.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:38 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
It appears that Ford Truck brake hoses should be a routine maintenance item to replace on a schedule. Then the replacements are most likely cheap chinese parts.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadie
It appears that Ford Truck brake hoses should be a routine maintenance item to replace on a schedule. Then the replacements are most likely cheap chinese parts.
It's the first time it's happened to me. I wonder if it's a common problem.

I guess you know the best seafood in the country is in your area. We used to have a home on Harkers Island. A friend of mine married the daughter of the guy that owned most of the island. We gigged flounder at night when the tide came in. I miss it.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:56 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by joe buddy
It's the first time it's happened to me. I wonder if it's a common problem.

I guess you know the best seafood in the country is in your area. We used to have a home on Harkers Island. A friend of mine married the daughter of the guy that owned most of the island. We gigged flounder at night when the tide came in. I miss it.
Thanks! I do enjoy being close to the ocean. I drive out on the beach at Ft Fisher quite often. There is a 4 mile stretch of beach they allow 4x4s to drive out on. I also have an old 18' boat that we fish from.

I had backed the boat into the water and hit the brakes when a front brake hose failed on my truck. Scared me for a second but the rear brakes kept me from going into the water! It was scary towing the boat 10 miles back home with only the rear brakes!