F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

F250 Keeps stalling.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F250 Keeps stalling.

Ok so my dad has a 89 F250 4x4 regular cab long bed 351W Zf-5 trans 4.10 gears with the following parts replaced: TFI module, fuel filter, used fuel pump, ignition coil, and capacitor. So when we are driving the truck down the road the thing will start sputtering like running out of fuel, has a loss of power right then and die. Sometimes when you down shift it will save it but most of the time still will die. Does it periodically which is the weird part for example: when we went into town (18 miles one way halfway there it stalled. Then today I took the truck to a buddies place and it stalled halfway there (5 miles to his place) then died in his yard then died on the way back halfway. Really is confusing me and I have no idea what it can be. Everytime it stalls you can turn it to off and start it right back up no problems and drive fine. It sounds fine, no check engine light (bulb is good), drives fine, shifts fine until this happens. The rear tank filler hose isn't hooked up but I don't think that is the problem could it be? I disconnected the Idle air control valve and it went to low RPMS and ran strange so I plugged it back in and ran fine but still stalls out. Don't know if this applies but the fuel gauge stays over full when running but I believe this is the sending unit bad. Confusing the crap out of me. If you need any more info then I can find out or possibly I already know.
My dad thinks the following might be wrong:
TFI module
stator (pick up coil) in the dizzy
rear tank being disconnected
or fuel pump.

I believe this might be bad:
Idle air control valve
EEC relay or the EEC itself
TFI module
something stupid simple

Are either of us right on anything?
Trav

Old 02-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ended up being the fuel pumps in the tank.
Trav

Quick Reply: F250 Keeps stalling.