F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Thinking of deleting your diesel? Better act fast!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's all this talk about emissions equipment!?!? Our trucks have that silly stuff??

The only time mine rolls coal is if I get a little throttle happy from a dead stop other than that all I get is a nice haze when I go to pass someone.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, we are cursed with emissions equipment on the newer diesels.
Also, even deleted, with a H&S "mild" tune, my Cummins barely smokes when I floor it. Definately doesn't "roll coal". I see posts on the Cummins forums all the time by kids wanting to know how to make their 6.7's loud and roll coal.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:00 PM
I know, I was being sarcastic Wandell. I did all the deletes on mine as they needed to get done and it will roll coal with the best of them until the turbo catches up to the fuel then she cleans up and runs like a scared rabbit.

I do my best to not make the truck smoke because of the negative image but sometimes the hill billy in me takes over.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:40 PM
You are right. All of the young guys think "rollin' coal" is cool, but by and large it's not doing the diesel industry any good. Someone was telling me yesterday that even new diesel farm equipment is being equipped with emissions equipment. Hopefully the OEM's will catch up, like they have with gasoline engines. Anyone remember the 1980's when Z28's, Trans Ams and Mustang GT's barely cranked out over 200 horsepower? Obviously their has to be a better system for diesels than the current DPF's and DEF systems.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:40 PM
I just ordered my mini max while I still could. Doing a dpf delete when I put it on. I didn't plan on buying it this early but the EPA forced me to lol. I'll bet the sales of h&s programmers has jumped in the past few weeks

Posted from F150online.com App for Android

Old 11-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
You are right. All of the young guys think "rollin' coal" is cool, but by and large it's not doing the diesel industry any good. Someone was telling me yesterday that even new diesel farm equipment is being equipped with emissions equipment. Hopefully the OEM's will catch up, like they have with gasoline engines. Anyone remember the 1980's when Z28's, Trans Ams and Mustang GT's barely cranked out over 200 horsepower? Obviously their has to be a better system for diesels than the current DPF's and DEF systems.
I think the DEF systems are good and they could do away with the DPF's. We have 20 something diesels in our fleet that are on the road and all of them are pre 08 emissions. I'm really trying to get my dad to keep them and do inframes on all of them to keep them on the road because of the cost of the new emissions trucks.

Yes, all construction and AG equipment now has to meet the tier 3 emissions standards as well. I was at Pictured Rocks National Park here in Michigan with my truck and you should have seen the dirty looks I was getting from people when I fired up my truck even though it didn't belch any smoke on start up. Although it could have been the fact my truck has no muffler or Cat and whistles like a F16 waiting for clearance to take off. I'm going to put either a new turbo back exhaust or resonator on because I can't take the drone while towing anymore. I must be getting old......

Old 11-28-2012, 11:09 AM

I find this somewhat disturbing. We all know the harms of batteries, but everyone has been blinded by the ads and commercials of a eco-freindly POC

Old 11-28-2012, 03:57 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
I like this one better:

Old 11-29-2012, 12:50 PM
I would have given her a ride in the backseat of a Crown Vic. You can't fix stupid, but you can lock it in a cage and laugh at it!

Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by fine_style150
http://youtu.be/CVdMySWfAIQ

I find this somewhat disturbing. We all know the harms of batteries, but everyone has been blinded by the ads and commercials of a eco-freindly POC
Born in a mountain, raised in a cave.......

Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by fine_style150
http://youtu.be/CVdMySWfAIQ

Man, that was ****ing awesome. I would've just stood on the skinny pedal until she walked away.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM

Gotta give it to that guy though, he handled it pretty well. His wife did an awesome job of being a stand up mom in front of her kids. The daughter giving the lady a dirty look was priceless!

The guy is in marketing and has a farm, no matter how well off he may be having two car notes and two insurance policies just for him doesn't justify.

Its almost as if someone told me to buy a fuel efficient vehicle for when I'm not hauling power tools and construction equipment....

Quick Reply: Thinking of deleting your diesel? Better act fast!