F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

AC stopped, then worked....WFT

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC stopped, then worked....WFT

Anyone else with an F250 have their AC just stop working? Then start the truck again and it comes back on?

I did a search for the problem but didn't see anything similar.

The situation: I went to a buddy's to drop something off, AC worked fine. Left his house and went to the store for a can of cope. When I came out, fired up the PDS, no AC. Screen blank, buttons didn't work...nothing. I called Ford to ask if the AC had a separate fuse...he said if my radio was working it was something in the unit itself and to bring it in. I setup an apt for Monday Morning. So.......

I get home no AC still and pull in the garage. Get out my ol SCT and put the truck back in to stock. Guess what? AC turns on while loading stock tune.

After the load, I tuned on the truck and went around the block, AC worked fine.

Is this strange or what?

JP

Old 07-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Yup... Sounds strange to me. Have you tried reloading the performance tune?

Old 07-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Yup... Sounds strange to me. Have you tried reloading the performance tune?
No I haven't loaded it back. Just running a mild street tune from ID, not anything extreme. Just strange.

Going to go reload it and see what happens.

JP

EDIT : Loaded the tune back in and it worked. Hope it was just a fluke.

Last edited by RollingRock; 07-06-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 PM
My Dad has mentioned this happening on his 05 F350 and his 08 F450... Strange indeed.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Had the same problem Rock, but mine was completely stock. Did it three times randomly spaced out over a period of 3 months. Wish I had a magic fix for you but I figured it would be easier just to sell the truck, and I did.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Happened to my '07 F350 also...

Digital climate control was completely blank. Turned truck on and off a couple of times... it came back on. On problems since.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:18 PM
thanks for the notes guys...Just hope it doesn't continue to do that.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:27 PM
RollingRock,

It's a "feature". The 2nd time mine did it I figured out how to fix it accidentally. It's done it 3-4 times total in over 3 years.

Next time it does it, turn the headlight switch on, then off. You have the Auto-lamps (it's the ones that do it) so turn them on and off manually. Climate Control come right back on. Turning the headlights on and off triggers, or kicks a lazy relay somehow.

It has something to do with a lazy general electrical relay, or something along those lines. There's supposed to be a TSB out now but I don't know if they have fixed the relay or whatever it is.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by FamilyRide
RollingRock,

It's a "feature". The 2nd time mine did it I figured out how to fix it accidentally. It's done it 3-4 times total in over 3 years.

Next time it does it, turn the headlight switch on, then off. You have the Auto-lamps (it's the ones that do it) so turn them on and off manually. Climate Control come right back on. Turning the headlights on and off triggers, or kicks a lazy relay somehow.

It has something to do with a lazy general electrical relay, or something along those lines. There's supposed to be a TSB out now but I don't know if they have fixed the relay or whatever it is.
Great tip. Thanks. I'm in the software business....when a customer tells us they found a bug, we tell them its a feature.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by FamilyRide
RollingRock,

Darn thing did it to me again today, flipped the switch as described and it came back on. Didn't have to turn the truck of.

Super strange.

Quick Reply: AC stopped, then worked....WFT