F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Wiring CB into Fuse Box

Old 03-29-2001, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I hooked mine up this week. I got a Uniden model 510, and a 3' steel whip mag mount from radio shack. It tuned at 1.3 or less across all channels. (very good from what I have learned).
I mounted it in front of the garbage bag hook. I initially wanted to get longer screws for the hook and mount the bracket to that, but the angles made it impractical. Second thought was to put it behind the hook using the same mounting holes, but that would not work due to the shape. So not wanting visible holes in the trim panel, I devised my scheme. I drilled holes in the top of the recesses for the bolts that hold the hook panel in. Worked out good. Not in the way of the stick, close but not in the way. While the hook trim is pulled, I taped the wire to the lighter for power and pulled the fuse trim panel for a ground(there are 2 of them at the far right side into sheet metal). With the trim pulled, I was able to run the wires behind the IP to come out of the bottom at the CB location. I wired the ground and the power with a 2 wire flat plug(I put the CB in my Jeep when I go 4Xing) May not technically be the best way to do it, but it was easy and looks fine. This is my first CB so I have nothing to compare it to, but reception seems good. If I ever pull it out, I will only have 2 holes that cannot be seen unless you are laying on the floor.

------------------
2001 F-250SD crewcab shorty,5spd, manual 4x4, captains chairs, off road pkg, tow pkg, alum wheels, dark highland green. Added Westin step bars... So far.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring CB into Fuse Box