Expedition / Navigator

keypad wont unlock!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keypad wont unlock!

well i did a search and couldn't really find anything. i just bought a 2001 expedition. and i read up and found the code for the keypad. it worked the first night but ever since it won't unlock. it will lock them but it wont unlock!if anyone can share any light on this it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 06-24-2006, 08:53 PM
A few years ago I was picking up take out pizza in during a winter snow storm and locked my truck with the motor running. When I came out to unlock the keypad, it did not work and stood there in the snow with a pizza in my hand. I tried the new code as well as the original factory code and got nothing. I got a ride to my house 2 miles down the road and came back with my spare keys. My truck went to the dealership the next day and I was covered under warranty. It was a defective keyboard actuator part # XL1Z*14A626*AA. Good luck with your repair.

Old 06-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Prolly needs a keypad. Water entry into the keypad is a common problem, usually shorts a couple buttons out so they stay permanently on. Sometimes causes weird stuff like the door locks cycling at random and/or the interior lights coming on at random.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Try reprogramming the code or programming a new one per the owners manual. Sounds like your code slipped out...maybe due to a weak battery or power surge or something. You need the code to unlock the doors but do not have to type it in to lock the doors with the keypad. Just a thought before you go out an buy a new keypad.

Quick Reply: keypad wont unlock!