Expedition / Navigator

2001 Expedition Navigation Options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Expedition Navigation Options?

I just bought a 2001 Eddie Bauer Expedition on Sunday for my wife. Was looking for something a little newer but couldn't pass this deal up. She is asking me to add an in-dash navigation system to it. I looked on crutchfields site but all they list is the single din units. The car has a double din so I'd like to see if there are any that would fit. Have any of you added an in-dash nav system to the 99-02 expys?

Thanks, Jake

Update: I measured it when I got home today and I thought it was double din but it's a 1.8 din, so I'll have to go with the single din size...

Last edited by jakecarter; 06-28-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:41 PM
I have a 98 Navigator. You can trim the upper section to fit a double din no problem. Pioneer makes the AVIC series that have navigation and DVD. Here a pic with the double din

Old 06-30-2006, 01:19 AM
Thanks! I was planning to order the AVIC-N2 (single DIN flip out lcd screen) but I'll hold off now that I see what you did. What exactly did you have to trim? I haven't pulled the stock unit out yet to check it out, is there metal that needs to be trimed for it to fit or is it plastic? Does it fit snugly and did you have to fabricate any brackets for it to fit properly or did it just line up fine once you cut?

Jake

Old 06-30-2006, 08:03 PM
The whole housing is plastic in my. I just shaved off about 1/4 inch and it fit right in. I didn't use any brackets to install it, it just snuggly fit right in there. If someone was to break in, I just assume they stole the unit without tearing up the dash. Then again, it doesn't get parked in places where its likely to get broken into either.

Quick Reply: 2001 Expedition Navigation Options?