Expedition / Navigator

2000 Expy w/ leaky rear tailgate glass seal! HELP!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Expy w/ leaky rear tailgate glass seal! HELP!!!!!!

Hey Guys.
The title says it all.
Was out in the Target parking lot this rainy weekend and as I placed the bags in the back, water puddled around the bags. Later I looked and discovered the rear tailgate glass seal was faulty.
I called the dealer and they want over $100 for it! They must SERIOUSLY be ! Its a friggin seal and a common (looking) one at that.
Anyhow, anyone know where I can get one for less than that? Anyone else have this problem? Jeez, the car isn't even 5 years old!

Old 01-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Go here: http://www.fordpartsonline.com/

Choose the parts catalog and key in your year and model and pick the collision catalog. When the catalog comes up, drill down to lift gate ->glass->weatherstrip. Click on "View Illust." and make sure that's the part you want before ordering.. They have it for $60.17..looks like.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:27 PM
BigC-Thanks for the info. I checked them out and that is the correct part!
Man, what a joke the dealers are. I called a bunch of different ones. 3 told me $100.28 and 2 told me $86.00. I guess nowadays "List Price" doesn't have a true meaning either! I am so irritated!

Old 01-05-2005, 08:18 AM
You shouldn't be irritated, a dealer has a lot more overhead than a warehouse shipping operation. It isn't like auto parts are any different than any consumer item. Things can always be price shopped to the lowest levels and it makes retailers look like they are inflating prices.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by LXXXTSY
BigC-Thanks for the info. I checked them out and that is the correct part!
Man, what a joke the dealers are. I called a bunch of different ones. 3 told me $100.28 and 2 told me $86.00. I guess nowadays "List Price" doesn't have a true meaning either! I am so irritated!
Your welcome! I'm not sure I'd be overly irritated, just know that a dealer probably won't have the lowest price. The convenience of getting a part immediately is sometimes worth the price depending on how critical it is.... It just pays to be an informed consumer with a bit of patience usually...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Expy w/ leaky rear tailgate glass seal! HELP!!!!!!