New Truck - Roush Exhaust Removal?

Old 02-04-2019, 05:49 PM
Question New Truck - Roush Exhaust Removal?

Hey Everyone. Been a while since I've posted on here. But I just traded in my 2010 F150 FX4 SuperCrew with a 5.4 and 155,000 miles for a 2013 FX4 with the Ecoboost. I know its not a significant age upgrade, but everything else is. Only 50k miles on it and looks great. Has lots of upgrades. The only one I'm NOT crazy about is the Roush exhaust. I seem to follow the school of thought most on here do; you just don't put an exhaust on a V6. No reason to showcase that exhaust note. It appears to be the full system (cat back). It has an ok sound. Nothing like my 5.4 with a Borla had. So I'm wondering what I should do. Should I remove it? Do I try to find a stock system and put it on? Do I remove part of it but keep mid piping and just replace the muffler and beyond? Obviously, I'm getting used to it at this point, but still just not my favorite sound. And truth be told, not a huge fan of the side by side dual tips coming straight out the back on a 4x4. Thanks for any suggestions!

Old 02-04-2019, 06:46 PM
glc
You shouldn't have a problem finding someone who would want to trade their stock exhaust for your Roush.

I seem to follow the school of thought most on here do; you just don't put an exhaust on a V6.
I would not assume that.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:42 PM
Haha. Thank you. My fault for assuming. I was more just asking if there are performance gains that justify keeping the exhaust or parts of it (I do have a tuner) rather than returning it to stock.

Old 02-05-2019, 02:20 PM
glc
Not really. The stock exhaust is fairly low restriction.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:18 PM
Thanks!

Old 02-10-2019, 09:55 PM
The only thing I ever got from the Dronemaster , I mean Roush Exhaust was a little more deaf.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:10 PM
If it displeases you, you probably should remove it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Truck - Roush Exhaust Removal?

Sponsors

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: