Vacuum connection to charcola cannister

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacuum connection to charcola cannister

Hi All, new to this forum. I live in Auckland, New Zealand. Have a 1997 F150 2WD 3 door extended cab with 4.6L V8. Just purchased the truck and have engine light come on with vacuum leak. Using smoke test we found the vacuum lines going to the charcoal canister on RHS front guard open to fresh air as no canister was there. The truck looks like it had some RH front accident damage so maybe when the guard was repaired they left out the canister. I have just received a replacement canister from the USA and it has two large round ports on the top, approx' 1 inch in diameter. My vacuum lines have 4 connectors, each approx' 3/8 inch diameter, so I don't know how to connect to the canister. Can someone please send me a photo of the fitting that sits between the 4 vacuum lines and the two large ports on the canister. Part number and where to purchase would be helpful, as I cannot just pop into a F150 dealer or parts place down here in NZ. In the meantime we closed the 4 vacuum line with bolts and the engine light came on again. Look forward to your help. Cheers Mal.

Quick Reply: Vacuum connection to charcola cannister