Catalytic Converter Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Catalytic Converter Help

We have an 2011 F150 2WD with less than 80,000 miles. Took it in for service and the repairman told us that the check engine light was on due to inefficient catalytic converter. He suggested that we take it to the Ford Dealership as it would be under warranty. I called before I went to Dealership and they checked my VIN number and told me that they would replace as it was under warranty. Once we took the truck it, the service guy told us that there was another error code, something to do with the Turbo Boost or Eco Boost (?) I think and that would not replace our catalytic converter as Ford requires them to fix the Eco boost code before the catalytic converter. I called my original service guy and he said that his tech says the inefficient catalytic converter caused the problem with the Eco boost.nIt has been cold here and now the check engine light is off. I was thinking of taking the truck to another Ford Dealership and see if they will replace my catalytic converter. I am so confused. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

Old 01-06-2018, 10:28 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Without knowing the exact code numbers, we can't really advise you properly.

A low catalyst efficiency should not cause other issues other than failing an emissions inspection.

You have a 3.5 Ecoboost engine?

Old 02-06-2018, 09:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
x2, need the exact PO code the truck had, along with the other code. It sounds like you guys are confused and would hate to hear you folks throw money at this if something is supposedly not covered by your warranty.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Converter

Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
x2, need the exact PO code the truck had, along with the other code. It sounds like you guys are confused and would hate to hear you folks throw money at this if something is supposedly not covered by your warranty.
Amen brother

Old 02-10-2018, 09:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I agree with Darren.

Quick Reply: Catalytic Converter Help