my truck barely makes noise i want it louder and sound better

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my truck barely makes noise i want it louder and sound better

i drive a 1997 Ford F150 5.4L i forget what its called its a 3 door version if any of you guys could help me that'll be perfect!!

Old 11-29-2017, 07:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ElFlakoMendoza
i drive a 1997 Ford F150 5.4L i forget what its called its a 3 door version if any of you guys could help me that'll be perfect!!
That is pretty subjective....what you are liking, or thinking for "louder" and what I like or someone else likes can be 3 different things.

I would suggest looking through the exhaust guild here >>https://www.f150online.com/forums/ex...ust-guide.html

The above will help you figure out what configuration your looking for. Also consider how much money you are willing to in into it.

I would also suggest that you get on youtube and listen to various exhaust videos of your generation of truck, to see what will trip your trigger. Many of the major muffler manufacturers have videos/ sound bites.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:18 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Cheap way out is replace the stock muffler with a glasspack or some other loud muffler. If you want to spend the money, you can get various cat-back systems with either single or dual pipes.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:36 PM
40 series flomaster did it for me. Single in single out.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Louder than stock

Originally Posted by ElFlakoMendoza
These guys have some great suggestions. Just saw this post and wondering if you ever pulled the trigger and got a new exhaust. If you are still looking, I can recommend an excellent one for you - MBRQ. They make different configurations and you can get them made with different metals, depending on your budget. They have aluminized steel, t409 stainless & t304 stainless. I think they offer a high heat coated black now too. I haven't checked prices lately but when I purchased mine it was a pretty good deal probably mid / upper price range. I went with the pro seriesT304 stainless dual exhaust and it's been awesome. Very nice, deep and loud when you get on the gas, but not obnoxiously loud. When you let up on pedal, it's not much louder than stock but still sounds good. I put this exhaust on in 2007 and it's still on my truck today and in great shape. I live in Maryland and we get snow/ice every winter along with the salt/chemicals that melt it, in case that's a consideration for you. A buddy of mine got a flowmaster exhaust at same time I did and his rusted out years ago. His was aluminized steel, to be fair. Not busting on flowmaster, just telling you my experiences. If they make a stainless exhaust, I'm sure it would last much longer too. Anyway, I have 2006 FX4, so I don't know what they have for your particular model, but I can highly recommend it if they offer one for your truck. Let us know what you decided on

Old 02-10-2018, 09:54 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
If you want loud, I recommend a SISO of a Flowmaster 40 with a short pipe before the rear axle facing down. The ground will reflect the sound making it sound nice and loud.

Just make sure its at least 2 feet after the cab... you don't want to get the fumes inside the cab.

Another tip: If you live in a salty environment, get stainless steel. The exhaust will live a lot longer.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:34 PM
Magnaflow 14419 will give a heavy, deep rumble

Quick Reply: my truck barely makes noise i want it louder and sound better