My new "SS cat back install" '07 F-side .....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 05:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tbear853
Yep ... you are right there. I was looking at yours from that viewpoint as well over about wheel spacer adapters .... they might look better under mine if I used those 45 degree bends at the rear instead?

I liked the "dotted "i" part ..... like the saying "If you park it and walk away without looking back, you bought the wrong one"
It could perhaps. The problem with 45 degree style is they almost never line up. Unless the shop fabricator is passionate enough about his work and spends good time on the bending process. Once John/Truckguy24 gets his business going i'll head his way for a fabricated system . Mine are better angled than the last '04 truck's setup was however the drivers side pokes out a little more than I would prefer, and its an arch lower than the passenger side. I have decided if I ever need to redo my truck's system ( doubtful and hopefully not! ) i'll be mimicking the Harley style on that area as well. I feel it would look good with the Raptor/Harley dual quad double wall style regular exit.

You know it! I drove the truck today to go pick our pitbull up from girlfriend's sister ( discounted dog watcher while we were under vacation status last week, V.A. Beach, and Raleigh N.C for concert ) and I was walking her outside and couldn't get over my view of the truck in its dark mysterious yet tasteful appeal. I sure do enjoy it when it's out!

Old 08-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
It could perhaps. The problem with 45 degree style is they almost never line up. Unless the shop fabricator is passionate enough about his work and spends good time on the bending process. Once John/Truckguy24 gets his business going i'll head his way for a fabricated system .
.... etc .... I have decided if I ever need to redo my truck's system ( doubtful and hopefully not! ) i'll be mimicking the Harley style on that area as well. I feel it would look good with the Raptor/Harley dual quad double wall style regular exit.

You know it! I drove the truck today .... etc .... and I was walking her outside and couldn't get over my view of the truck in its dark mysterious yet tasteful appeal. I sure do enjoy it when it's out!
Yeah, seldom do you see a pair from the rear that are "precise" in both angle, height, and length to sides as well ..... and then I thought of road debris like gravels and dirt that get kicked up to peck the finish along the leading side of the tip. I spent enough time just getting mine to exit same offset from center and distance below bumper and how far extended from under it.

I did mock it up with the 45 adapters they sent, with a lowered truck with the narrow F-side tailgate profile, they didn't look right on mine anyway.

Last edited by tbear853; 08-01-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Edited post #10 08-06-17 as I reverted to 4" tips

In looking at other systems, looks like the Legato system I used is "same" as FM's American Thunder system in stainless steel ..... pleased I am.

Edit 08-01-18

Who am I kidding … I just like those 3" OD polished SS angle cut rolled edge tips, so put them back on today.

Last edited by tbear853; 10-11-2019 at 12:42 AM. Reason: I reverted to 3" angle cut rolled edge tips.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:42 AM
Refering to post #6 and Drone. Today, sitting down to rest in the basement, I noticed the factory front pipe hanging up between floor joists, 2.5" SS with two huge weights welded on it about mid pipe. It occurred to me that I could have cut the pie away from the weights leaving it maybe 1/2 or 1 inch longer at ends and smoothed it's edges and clamped it to my 3" OD Legato head pipe instead of the building the weights I did, sucker looks heavy enough. Wouldn't have been a perfect fit, but it would have worked. Just thinking but not gonna swap them. The weights on there now sure killed drone in the cab.

Just curious, here in 2019 I looked the system up, http://legatoperformance.com/product...FU5ZhgodiUEPOg

Price is reduced to $409.99 now? Was just a little higher back then. I see it went to $599 at some point. I had sent them some pics, seems they liked them?

Last edited by tbear853; 10-11-2019 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:59 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good to see you post tbear! Never heard of that catback, that is cool though!

Quick Reply: My new "SS cat back install" '07 F-side .....