Need some advice........

Old 09-21-2001, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need some advice........

Hey guys!
I am going to be having true duels installed on my 99 F150 4.6L in the very near future. What I think I want is to run two Flowmaster 40 series mufflers with an H-pipe to the rear of the truck. I want the loudest sounding exhaust I can get,while still running mufflers. The guy said it would run around $350 to $400 total cost depending on what kind of tips I wanted. He also said he offers a "Flo-pro" muffler which is a little cheaper and he claims it sounds the same. I want to emulate the GT Mustang sound as much as possible. Has anyone else run this kind of setup before? I want it to be VERY noticible that I'm running duels when I drive down the road,not just slightly louder than stock but a lot louder. I want a powerful deep sounding exhaust.
Is the TRUE DUEL setup going to make a considerable amount of difference in tone or resonance? Are true duels louder???
(I'm just full of questions!)hahaha!
Does this sound like what I am looking for?
Is this a good price?
Are the Flo-pros worth considering?(I sort of have my heart set on Flowmaster 40 series without delta tone)
Are there any wav files of flowmasters on f150s that I could download?
What is the difference between different kinds of tips? Do they make the tone change? I like the look of the rolled over ones.
Will my truck sound like a Mustang with aftermarket exhausts?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give!

Old 09-21-2001, 09:03 PM
Hey man...... I have heard flowmasters on trucks like urs and they sound pretty darn good...I have never heard of Flo-Pro....what I would od is ask the guy if you can hear both of ur truck before buying one, that way you can see which one ya like best.

Later

Old 09-22-2001, 09:57 PM
Volume

As for volume, the bigger the tip, the louder. Also the less total pipe length you have, the louder, ie if you exit before the rear wheels. Now granted, I have the V-6, but my magna flow sounds very nice. It's not obnoxious but I still get some head turners from the pedestrians. Look into Spin-tech mufflers. IMO, the FM's sound a little on the raspy side, like airplanes at high rpm. No matter what you do though, you'll love it!

Old 09-23-2001, 01:04 AM
Flowmasters that I have heard do some a little raspy on high rpms, but wehen u are towing upo a hill those Fm's sond sweet!!!

Later

Old 09-23-2001, 01:18 AM
Hey......By the way....My cousin had Flo-Pros installed today....there are awsome..not as raspy as Fm's at higher rpms, and they sound great...

I wrote a long replie of everything but somehow when I went to edit it it deleted my whole message.

Later

Old 09-23-2001, 10:17 AM
It's not quite the same sound as the FM, but I would suggest the Ravin's from Midas. After almost a year, I am still thoroughly impressed with mine. All I have is the SI/DO with 3x24 Tips. SO far everyone I know that has the FM's has either changed over to the Ravin or is jealous that they can't affors to have a Ravin installed. It might be worth checking into!

Old 09-23-2001, 12:25 PM
Jealous?

Of Ravin? Don't think so my friend. I prefer Flows. I've heard the Ravins. There nice, but still like my flows. Money is not an object here. That's the least of my problems. And besides there's not that much of a big difference in price. The most expensive exhaust is not necessarily the best just because of price. It's how you build that exhaust. Anybody can just get mufflers and pipes an throw them up there. To get the best performance out of it is another story.

Old 09-23-2001, 10:10 PM
THANKS!!!!

Hey thanx for all the advice guys! I really appreciate the help from everybody! I appreciate the posts SemperFi, sorry it got deleted! I know what that's like dude, I've had the same thing happen to me more than once on these boards, I have gotten into the habit of copying all my long posts before submitting them. F150 RamAir your truck looks awesome! Wish you had some wavs of your exhaust I could hear. I gotta get a good pic of my and upload it! Thanks again guys!

Old 09-23-2001, 11:15 PM
hey man,

i am not tired so I guess I will rewrite my long post again

Here we go:

when we went to get it he heard both the Flowmasters and the Flo-Pro. the Flo-Pro was a littler deeper and not as raspy at higher RPM's.

the first thing he did was take it and loaded wagon wiht hay....when pulling it the Flo-Pros sounded awsome...real deep and mellow...... not alot of cab drone(ol George Jones fixed that )

next he went through town.......he turned alot of heads with it

Later

Old 09-23-2001, 11:41 PM
if you want to turn heads you could also use 1 chambered flowmasters. theyre louder than the 40 series. good luck!

Old 09-24-2001, 11:46 PM
AH HA!! Now that's the effect I want to achieve! If it dont make em turn their heads it aint worth doing right!? I'm beginning to think very seriously about the Flo Pro. It'll probably all depend on the price. Thanks Donate54, I'm gonna have the 1 chambered Flowmaster installed if I go that route. The louder the better, remember, loud pipes save lives!

Old 09-25-2001, 02:53 AM
Why even waste your money on mufflers. Straight pipe it. If it's too loud then get the mufflers.

Old 09-25-2001, 10:25 AM
Talking

Thanks, PeekUpMan.

Search this Thread