gotts mod on 2011 3.7 v6

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotts mod on 2011 3.7 v6

I heard that the roush CAI on the 3.7 really improves throttle response and gets you a little better sound through the v6. i started reading up about CAIs and saw a lot of talk about the gotts mod. i have the basic understanding of how to do it, but has anyone done it yet on the 3.7. i just have a hard time spending 300 dollars on the CAI

Old 06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by worldburrito45
I heard that the roush CAI on the 3.7 really improves throttle response and gets you a little better sound through the v6. i started reading up about CAIs and saw a lot of talk about the gotts mod. i have the basic understanding of how to do it, but has anyone done it yet on the 3.7. i just have a hard time spending 300 dollars on the CAI
The 5.4 V8 for example if close to stock can only suck in a maximum of 480 cfm and a flat panel filter will flow 500 cfm, there is simply no way any CAI on a relatively stock engine can increase the air flow enough to exceed the engines ability to inhale more air!

If you look at the dyno charts from many of these supposed HP/TQ increases, they are typically around 5%-7% at peak rpm ranges…….guess what, 5% is a standard deviation even amoungst mfg dynos and the most important item is……these “expert tuners” (at least most) do not have or choose not to test their results (in comparison to the oem intakes) during actual vehicle motion (or simulation- such as a wind tunnel) as the oems do. In terms of peak hp/tq, a good high flow filter (such as Wix HP series) is all that is needed.

Recently, Testand Corporation conducted an ISO standards test on automotive air filters which can be viewed at this link: http://www.dieselbombers.com/chevrol...r-testing.html. All I can say is this explains in detail the reason for

(Arlen) SPICER wrote,

“Now that I am not doing the tests and my objectivity is not necessary, let me explain my motivation. The reason I started this crusade was that I was seeing people spend a lot of money on aftermarket filters based on the word of a salesperson or based on the misleading, incomplete or outright deceiving information printed on boxes and in sales literature. Gentlemen and Ladies, Marketing and the lure of profit is VERY POWERFUL!"

Old 06-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Suspended
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
With the 5.4 3V you really need to look at locking the Phasers to instal more agressive camshafts to really obtain real performance gains, CAI, long tube headers and tru duals. But you still are pulling around a slug truck and performance simply in the mud would be the return. With the phasers working the cams retard and the piston clearances become very minute, disallowing for more agressive camshafts for higher RPM performances and larger bore throttle bodies unless you instal a blower to make up for the lack of power.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:53 PM
What are y'all talking about

Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 AM
CAI's

worldburrito45,

What they are trying to say is that most CAI's are not worth the time to install them, let alone the money you spend for one. Even an aftermarket air filter is not going to help. Ford has done a good job at getting the entire induction system to flow more then your stock motor can ever use.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
This is at least the third thread ( that I know of) that you've started on the same subject (with different titles)

Is there something specific yer still seeking an answer for, or are you waiting for a specific response that you want to hear, because you don't like or do not agree with the info you have been given to-date?

It's just causing clutter and confusion, imho.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ex...ntake-get.html

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ex...ir-intake.html

The answer still has not changed.

MGD

Old 06-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Dude no need to be a jack@$$ I'm just trying to learn about this stuff.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's not an answer that will justify a CAI for your truck.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:12 PM
I have Learned that now. What about the gotta mod

Old 06-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Suspended
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Pull your filter off and the box, look to see the size of the inlet opening thru the fender liner. Next measure the throttle body diameter. The inlet is bigger than the throttle body inlet? That is what a gotts mod is.

Quick Reply: gotts mod on 2011 3.7 v6