F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Exhaust & Intake Systems (https://www.f150online.com/forums/exhaust-intake-systems-27/)
-   -   CAI + Throttle body spacer (https://www.f150online.com/forums/exhaust-intake-systems/452517-cai-throttle-body-spacer.html)

Stealth 07-11-2011 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by hanginten24 (Post 4630761)
What a douche... Frog sux

So am I not also a douche for mentioning the OP perform a search?

Giving good advice is all part of joining a forum.

hanginten24 07-12-2011 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Stealth (Post 4630765)
So am I not also a douche for mentioning the OP perform a search?

Giving good advice is all part of joining a forum.

But saying "=Fail " is good advice? Sounds pretty helpful... you should read what I quoted from him and why I said that on the last page, meant to quote what he said above that, I understand that "good advice" is all part of joining a forum, that's why I called him a douche for not being helpful to kawi when he asked for help, he's said that before to other people too

Stealth 07-12-2011 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by hanginten24 (Post 4630922)
But saying "=Fail " is good advice? Sounds pretty helpful... you should read what I quoted from him and why I said that on the last page, meant to quote what he said above that, I understand that "good advice" is all part of joining a forum, that's why I called him a douche for not being helpful to kawi when he asked for help, he's said that before to other people too

He was helpful, though his delivery was harsh. Calling him on it wasn't necessary IMO. That gets old too, you know.

Ford12508 07-12-2011 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by hanginten24 (Post 4630922)

The same questions get asked day in and day out.Its either CAI this or Exhaust that. I could do a search right now and get 50 threads easy for what he asked. It really does get old.

hanginten24 07-12-2011 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ford12508 (Post 4630986)
The same questions get asked day in and day out.Its either CAI this or Exhaust that. I could do a search right now and get 50 threads easy for what he asked. It really does get old.

So then why read the thread in the first place??? You have to make it a point to put someone down because they spend less time on here/the internet than both of you??:confused:

hanginten24 07-12-2011 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth (Post 4630937)
He was helpful, though his delivery was harsh. Calling him on it wasn't necessary IMO. That gets old too, you know.

So then why read the thread in the first place??? You have to make it a point to put someone down because they spend less time on here/the internet than both of you??
I respect what you both are saying and they are both valid points, but it seems like people go into these "common threads" and give people a hard time for not doing research or looking aorund in the help section on here, if others see the redundant thread and it pisses them off, then they should just avoid it instead of giving someone ****, not saying that either of you are, but AVfrog has done in that in more than a couple of instances, I'm just calling him out because I support anyone who has any question on here, and if its a question that gets asked 10000x a day, then I just avoid the thread intead of putting them down, the mature thing to do, though I understand that calling him out was definitely immature

Stealth 07-12-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by hanginten24 (Post 4631491)
So then why read the thread in the first place??? You have to make it a point to put someone down because they spend less time on here/the internet than both of you??

Who did I put down? I helped. I believe you need to re-read this thread. You will learn how to reply in kind from a wily old vet. :)

avfrog 07-12-2011 11:39 PM

Just to make this clear... My post saying "= fail", was posted with the intent of saying that a CAI plus a TBS = no good. I was not trying to offend or put anyone down. I was merely stating that your idea would help you none what so ever. In fewer words of course.

silenceikillyou 07-13-2011 12:05 AM

I put a CAI on my 5.4 and I find that it actually improved the responsiveness of my truck.

Ford12508 07-13-2011 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by silenceikillyou (Post 4631662)
I put a CAI on my 5.4 and I find that it actually improved the responsiveness of my truck.

1) different engine
2) Read the thread and you will see your answer doesn't help the OP at all. The 04-05 3Vs can't have a CAI without a tune.

Bluejay 07-13-2011 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by avfrog (Post 4631648)
Just to make this clear... My post saying "= fail", was posted with the intent of saying that a CAI plus a TBS = no good. I was not trying to offend or put anyone down. I was merely stating that your idea would help you none what so ever. In fewer words of course.

And that is exactly the way I interrpreted what you posted or I would have commented on your post.

88racing 07-13-2011 09:46 AM

Forget the tbs along with the cai and do the gotts mod or airaid MIT.......personally the airaid MIT really cleaned up the engine bay when I had my 06 5.4.......

2008_XL 07-13-2011 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kawi315 (Post 4629018)
It's just a stock 05 f150 fx4. Just cannot decide on which intake to put on er, and was thinking while I got that part already taken off I might as well put a throttle body spacer in for $70.

Why would you waste $70 on a throttle body spacer? It'll do NOTHING at all.