new exhaust need ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new exhaust need ideas

hey fellas,
my homwowners association has been complaining about the noise my truck makes, long story short i need to quiet it up a bit for them and myself. ok heres the deal i have a flowmaster forty series Si/DO with pacestter headers, i would like to run a whole new exhaust that is not any louder then this set up preferably a little quiter. im going to have the new exhaust done from the header gaskets back, so any thoughts an a nice system that wont be to loud but still have some power and sound good? this will be on a 2000 f150 4.6

thanks in advance,muddy

Last edited by MuddYMesS; 03-21-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Take the muffler off, then see what they say.

In all seriousness, maybe a long oval body Magnaflow or one of the oval body Borlas.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:14 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by 4.6 Punisher
Take the muffler off, then see what they say.

In all seriousness, maybe a long oval body Magnaflow or one of the oval body Borlas.
now did I call that or what in one of the other thread he started I told him that's the first thing he would be told

my see thru the internet subscription is still not working, customer service at Ford is no help and I am dead set on buying another brand so I can see thru the internet to get details on peoples issues

Old 03-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
One thread per subject is all that is allowed. I removed the second thread. Thanks
Jim

Quick Reply: new exhaust need ideas