Changing back to my glass pack

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing back to my glass pack

So over the weekend i had a problem with my exhaust. I was driving down the road and i feel the back end of the truck lift up like i just ran over some thing i did not see any thing when i was driving so i did not know what it was so i pulled over got out and looked at were my exhaust comes out and low and behold i was missing one of my $30 tips. I was pissed off. So i took off the other tip so it did not fall off. So i guess my question is should i go back to my glass pack and the original pipe going out the back. Or should i just dump my sido right before the axle. I wish i had the money to do a true dual system or even buy a new tip but i cant cash is really tight this time of the year for me.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Old 01-19-2011, 05:06 PM
What kind of tips did you use? just get weld on tips and they shouldn't fall off.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:57 PM
they were that type but due to the cold weather coming in sooner than i thought it was and the lack of a garage i had to bolt them on un till i could get it in to a garage witch would have been tomarrow so i could weld the whole system up. and i dont have the money to get new tips right now

Old 01-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thats your decision.. What music do you prefer your engine to play.

Originally Posted by nw150
What kind of tips did you use? just get weld on tips and they shouldn't fall off.

, I would hope not! Full welded exhaust, cant beat it, until you need to remove it.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ I agree. If it was welded, it wouldn't have fell off.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 PM
yes thank you i know it would have not fallen off if i had been able to weld it.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAN63
yes thank you i know it would have not fallen off if i had been able to weld it.
lol...dont you just love some of the answers you get.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by PaulBlackFX4
lol...dont you just love some of the answers you get.
Well why the hell would you want to change your exhaust just because a tip fell off, when all that needs to be done is weld the tips on? not a dumb answer, it's common sense.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:49 PM
i guess i forgot to mention that the one tip was crushed if i had $30 bucks to spend on a new tip belive me i would weld it on there. i guess what i am asking is should i just dump it for the time being un till i have some extra cash or should i put my old setup back on witch was a siso cherry bomb glass pack with the stock 45 out the back. AND I GET I SHOULD HAVE WELDED ON THE TIP IN THE FIRST PLACE AND IT WOULD NOT HAVE FALLEN OFF. LOL thank you all for your comments and im not busting *****.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
OMG $30!?

Exhaust modifications are expensive, as are all mods. You've got to pay to play, and never take the cheap route (unless it's the Gotts mod).

Old 01-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I personally like the SISO setup. Thats actually what i have. SISO glasspack exhaust exiting out the rear. I dont know why but dual exhaust just doesnt really appeal to me anymore. If you are planning on getting another tip i would just dump them for now and wait untill you have the funds to put it how you want. No sense in completely changing the setup if your going to go right back to the SIDO.

Oh yea. If you would have just bought a top of the line exhaust you would not be having these problems. Please try to remember that for next time. Just because you dont have the money for it is no excuse... *sarcasm*

Old 01-20-2011, 01:46 PM
If u like this setup more than the glasspack, then run it without a tip for now until you get another. Or go through time and trouble to swap back. I would roll without tips if I was in a tight bind

Old 01-23-2011, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by BeauFlex
I personally like the SISO setup. Thats actually what i have. SISO glasspack exhaust exiting out the rear. I dont know why but dual exhaust just doesnt really appeal to me anymore. If you are planning on getting another tip i would just dump them for now and wait untill you have the funds to put it how you want. No sense in completely changing the setup if your going to go right back to the SIDO.
Thank you for your advice i ended up doing just what u said and it sounds not half bad

Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 PM
i happen to really hate chrome tips and well, any chrome. best of luck with your outcome

Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Put your old system back on.

Wait till you can afford to do it right..... Taking the easy route has screwed you once..

And don't take a dump under your truck if you know what I mean...

Quick Reply: Changing back to my glass pack