NEW Magnaflow exhaust installed. Real nice!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW Magnaflow exhaust installed. Real nice!

Alrighty fellas I got Magnaflows installed yesterday [02-03-2011]. HOLY sh*t their amazing . Can't explain it any better. Couldn't stand that sound of my true dual BLOWMasters then STRAIGHT pipes anymore. It was really giving me a headache when I think about it. But the offroad x-pipe w/the high flow cats & true dual setup really makes the Maggies sound good. Its soo low and deep and quiet at idle. It almost reminds of the Technology of Corsa. I don't hear ANYTHING inside the cab. But from outside, they sound amazing. The stainless steel design is very nice under there....I'm very satisfied w/them. It reminds me of a sleeper truck. Yea guys sound is great, and to be able to let that v8 purrr is all good, but the droning from Flowmasters and other "CHAMBERED" mufflers out there is something I'd never wanna go through again. And keep in mind guys, I'm 19. MOST 19 yr. olds like all the sound and attention but it seemed like everyday I drove my truck my head was pounding w/headaches from the drone. That "vvvvvrrrroooooommmm" noise 24/7 really played out. Idk why I didn't get these Magnaflows from the get-go. And I'm not bashing any other exhaust companies at all before you guys on these threads get y'alls panties wet, I'm just saying....its almost like the engineers who made the "STRAIGHT-THROUGH" design like Magnaflow, Borla, etc. really had the customer as well as the vehicle in mind. I sat on the porch of my house and had my buddy drive it up town and around to see how it sounds from outside. As soon as he get on it, the truck roaredd man. Real deep and beastly sounding. I heard him the whole time he was in it. When he get back he goes "Man, I didn't hear anything from inside, did you hear it though". lol thats pretty cool how Maggies have NO droning. To be able to have a nice sounding truck but nothing that gets on my nerves is awesome. I really recommend these to any of you guys who are in the market looking for a exhaust for your Ford. Deep, low, tame but RAW at WOT! The stainless steel is gorgeus man plus the lifetime warranty is a plus. Even though its a 4.6, it no longer has that high pitched MUSTANG GT sound to it either. Its more truck like. Also, when Magnaflow say you get hp from their muffler, you really do. The straight-through design helped me on my low end tq. and when I smash it now it really movess not just making noise and not getting anywhere. Now my question to you guys is what brand HEADERS will sound nice w/the Maggies? Keep in mind I only want LongTubes because they offer more [hp, sound] wise. Pacesetters, BBK, etc???

Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I didn't see anywhere were you stated what Magnaflow you put in. And,

& Video

Welcome to the site though. Glad you enjoy the Magnaflows. I came to same realization as you a few months ago.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you like it! obx makes some nice headers.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sweet_n_low150
Alrighty fellas I got Magnaflows installed yesterday [02-03-2011]. HOLY sh*t their amazing . Can't explain it any better. Couldn't stand that sound of my true dual BLOWMasters then STRAIGHT pipes anymore. It was really giving me a headache when I think about it. But the offroad x-pipe w/the high flow cats & true dual setup really makes the Maggies sound good. Its soo low and deep and quiet at idle. It almost reminds of the Technology of Corsa. I don't hear ANYTHING inside the cab. But from outside, they sound amazing. The stainless steel design is very nice under there....I'm very satisfied w/them. It reminds me of a sleeper truck. Yea guys sound is great, and to be able to let that v8 purrr is all good, but the droning from Flowmasters and other "CHAMBERED" mufflers out there is something I'd never wanna go through again. And keep in mind guys, I'm 19. MOST 19 yr. olds like all the sound and attention but it seemed like everyday I drove my truck my head was pounding w/headaches from the drone. That "vvvvvrrrroooooommmm" noise 24/7 really played out. Idk why I didn't get these Magnaflows from the get-go. And I'm not bashing any other exhaust companies at all before you guys on these threads get y'alls panties wet, I'm just saying....its almost like the engineers who made the "STRAIGHT-THROUGH" design like Magnaflow, Borla, etc. really had the customer as well as the vehicle in mind. I sat on the porch of my house and had my buddy drive it up town and around to see how it sounds from outside. As soon as he get on it, the truck roaredd man. Real deep and beastly sounding. I heard him the whole time he was in it. When he get back he goes "Man, I didn't hear anything from inside, did you hear it though". lol thats pretty cool how Maggies have NO droning. To be able to have a nice sounding truck but nothing that gets on my nerves is awesome. I really recommend these to any of you guys who are in the market looking for a exhaust for your Ford. Deep, low, tame but RAW at WOT! The stainless steel is gorgeus man plus the lifetime warranty is a plus. Even though its a 4.6, it no longer has that high pitched MUSTANG GT sound to it either. Its more truck like. Also, when Magnaflow say you get hp from their muffler, you really do. The straight-through design helped me on my low end tq. and when I smash it now it really movess not just making noise and not getting anywhere. Now my question to you guys is what brand HEADERS will sound nice w/the Maggies? Keep in mind I only want LongTubes because they offer more [hp, sound] wise. Pacesetters, BBK, etc???
What size pipe did you use ? 2.5 or 3 inch diameter?
Hankster

Old 02-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by rllackey28
I didn't see anywhere were you stated what Magnaflow you put in. And,

& Video

Welcome to the site though. Glad you enjoy the Magnaflows. I came to same realization as you a few months ago.

They're Magnaflow Part # 12215

Core Size: 2.5in.
Body Length: 14in.

I will get pics and vids when I have time. Don't really have all the extra time like some of these guys to get under there take pics & shoot vids, upload them and all that jizz but someday this month I will. Yea didn't take me long to figure out all that droning was driving me CRAZY!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by hanksterstruks
What size pipe did you use ? 2.5 or 3 inch diameter?
Hankster
2.5 my brotherr.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by avfrog
Glad you like it! obx makes some nice headers.

Yea its great man.

Does OBX have Longtubes for the 4.6 though?

Old 02-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Did you do it yourself and how much did it put you back?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Grats, but please god use paragraphs. My eyes!!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
LT headers are a little harder to find for the 281's. Pacesetter makes a raw steel set that are ok for saltless states, but rot out up north. Stainless Works makes a good stainless set, but they cost a real big chunk of cash. I'm not aware of any other companies that offer LT's for the 4.6, but I haven't looked in a few months.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by SemperFi FX4
Did you do it yourself and how much did it put you back?
No SemperFi I didn't do it myself.
Had a shop in Houston, Texas do it for me and what was awesome is that they DON'T charge for labor.

Only the parts.

I only paid 240 for the two mufflers..

I had already had the xpipe, high flows, true dual setup from the BLOWmasters.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by 4.6 Punisher
LT headers are a little harder to find for the 281's. Pacesetter makes a raw steel set that are ok for saltless states, but rot out up north. Stainless Works makes a good stainless set, but they cost a real big chunk of cash. I'm not aware of any other companies that offer LT's for the 4.6, but I haven't looked in a few months.

Well I saw a pair of LT's on Pacesetters website for our truck but I didn't know if any guys on here had purchased another brand for their 281's...

And I live in Tx man. We BARELY get salty lol.
I'm willing to spend whatever.

$$ isn't really a factor here. I'm willing to pay whatever I have to. As long as their quality made and will help me w/my performance, flow, etc. I'm fine w/that.

A shop here in Houston, Tx will charge me $250 to install them which isn't bad considering of the all the work they have to do.

I will be looking around though to find a pair.

Thanks though bro.
I love your PUNISHER!

Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Bonanza
Grats, but please god use paragraphs. My eyes!!

Aww dude it's not the end of the world....

CALMATE!

Old 02-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Hey if you don't mind me asking where did you go in Houston? I'll be in Conroe for about two weeks end of this month.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:07 AM
Originally Posted by SemperFi FX4
Hey if you don't mind me asking where did you go in Houston? I'll be in Conroe for about two weeks end of this month.
No prob man.

Its a shop off of Tidwell and Sheperd. "All Star Muffler" I think lol.
When are you gonna be down man? I could meet you and take you there or just give you their #! However ya wanna do it.

Are you from Tx?

Quick Reply: NEW Magnaflow exhaust installed. Real nice!