air intake question for a newbie

Old 10-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air intake question for a newbie

Hey everybody,

I am pretty new to all this stuff.

I'm hoping to get in on the TP group rate for the Xcal2 and possibly the AF1 intake.

My dilemna is that I love having the power (and the xcal2 will probably give me enough anyway) and I know that adding mods such as intakes and exhaust will make the truck louder. I, however am not to caught up in having a loud, mean sounding truck. I actually love how smooth and quiet our trucks ride off the lot.

As I was skimming the forums, did I see that there are silencers of some sort for the intake that will keep the truck quiet without losing performance? Or does it just slightly quiet the noise and there is still something there.

If there is major noise I might just stick with the Xcal2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the forums.

As far as noise, unless you've got the hood open or get on the throttle a lot there's basically no difference that I have noticed. I just hooked one up in my 02 and my little bro's 05 (life ain't fair sometimes), and I really haven't noticed a change in noise, espescially in the cabin. Like I said, unless you're doing WOT runs with the windows open, noise shouldn't be an issue. I'd definitely jump on the group buy price if I were you.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:21 AM
Most of the noise is at Wide Open Throttle with the majority of the intakes. As with any mod, some are louder than others. I have read some post where guys took the intake off and went back to stock because of the noise.

good idea to check around. Maybe you can find some local guys to check out their mods and the noise difference.

Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: air intake question for a newbie