Torque Specs for exhaust manifold, Anyone know? - F150online Forums

Go Back  F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > Exhaust & Intake Systems
Torque Specs for exhaust manifold, Anyone know? >

Torque Specs for exhaust manifold, Anyone know?

Notices

Old 05-06-2006, 08:34 PM

Now before I say anything I want to say I do know that this site is for a certain year of fords. I do have a 04 SuperDuty that I will i will post some pics of later but my question has nothing to do with that truck.

The truck I'm working on now is a 1985 F-150. 300 inline 6, 3 on the tree ( irelevent i know but its just so cool haha ). So anyway I had to put a new intake/exhaust manifold gasket in but i need to know the torque specs for it now. Anyone know off the top of their heads????

thanks

Old 05-08-2006, 12:37 AM
TSB 86-6-23 states to only use intake gasket. Exhaust gasket insulates exhaust manifold and can cause it to warp or crack. Torque is 22-32 FtLbs.

Torque sequence
11&13 are studs

4 2 3 1 11 12 13
5 6 7 8 9 10

Last edited by dwsf150; 05-08-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Awsome! thanx alot. thought id never figure that out..

Old 05-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Anytime

Old 05-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Cracking manifolds...

Originally Posted by dwsf150
TSB 86-6-23 states to only use intake gasket. Exhaust gasket insulates exhaust manifold and can cause it to warp or crack. Torque is 22-32 FtLbs.

Torque sequence
11&13 are studs

4 2 3 1 11 12 13
5 6 7 8 9 10
Hmmm I have a '92 5 litre V8 and, as I've discovered, (recent purchase) exhaust manifolds on both sides are cracked....never seen such a thing on any car I've owned. So no gasket on these either? Guess I'm going to a wrecker or maybe looking at refurbished, (might try the dreaded muffler putty as a temp fix, I can't see how it's going to hurt) sigh. Not running happily with those cracks, I must say.

Old 05-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hmmm I have a '92 5 litre V8 and, as I've discovered, (recent purchase) exhaust manifolds on both sides are cracked....never seen such a thing on any car I've owned. So no gasket on these either? Guess I'm going to a wrecker or maybe looking at refurbished, (might try the dreaded muffler putty as a temp fix, I can't see how it's going to hurt) sigh. Not running happily with those cracks, I must say.
They were good for cracking. I would use a new manifold or a reman if you could find one. At last resort a used one but then take it to a machine shop and have it plained. No gasket. If your EGR tube connects to the manifold then buy a new one because the old one will be broke by the time you get done.Or spring for some headers

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Torque Specs for exhaust manifold, Anyone know?

Sponsors

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: