MSD 8.5mm plug wires

Old 11-16-1999, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MSD 8.5mm plug wires

I know that by just adding spark plug wires no substancial gains will be noticed. I am not a big fan of the bosch +4 plugs, i think they are just a gimick.
I am interested in making the underhood scene a little more interesting though. To make a long story short, the MSD plug wires combined with a Superchip, Gibson cat back, and a K&N FIPK, would that be a good set up because the Superchip alters the spark and that would produce a gain.

Where and how much are the MSD wires?

Old 11-16-1999, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

I bought them from Summit for a total of $95. That included tax(since I live in same state) and shipping. However, I think they are actually for the mustang as each wire is actually a couple of inches shortet than the stock. They will work although a couple of them may need rerouted. I did notice a significant increase in power. I also have the Bosch +4's, noticed no increase but I did not change the wires and plugs at the same time.

------------------
97 F-150 S/C 4x4 ORP XLT 4.6 K&N , Flowmaster, Bosch+4 plugs,MSD 8.5 wires,Superchip.Patriot fiberglass toneau cover, Westin chrome step bars.
Future mods:4" lift,ram air hood,and a supercharger.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MSD 8.5mm plug wires