Excursion

2002 Excursion Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Excursion Electrical Problems

I have a 2002 Excursion Ultimate Limited 4x4. This weekend ny wife was driving it and when she came out of the store she could start it, but not shift out of park. I read up on the manual and started it in neutral and got it home. I noticed when I was driving it home, there were no lights on the tempaerature control A/C Heater display. It is just blank. I have checked all the fuses inside the cab and cannot find anything wrong. Would a blown fuse on the A/C control cause the brake-shift interlock to prevent shifting from Park? I talked to the dealer this morning about the recall and i am taking it in for the wiring harness replacement today...for the speed control. The cruise control quit working about 3 months ago. Any ideas?

Old 09-08-2006, 12:32 PM
you have something electrical going on in the dash, the shift interlock mechanism which prevents the vehicle from being shifted into or from park with out the brake depressed is an electrical solenoid connected to the brake pedal. Check the under hood fues box aswell. This sound like it could be quite serious and I would have it fixed ASAP, electrical problems can be a PITA, but can also have dire consequences. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
-D

Old 09-12-2006, 10:09 PM
When the Climate Control goes blank, reach over and turn your headlights on.

Mine's done it 2 times this year and many others see it too. Not sure what it is, but that did it for me last time after someone suggested it.

As for the rest, I'mnot sure it's related, but I'd have a good dealer look at it, unless the brake switch is sticky and would not let you shift it out of Park.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 PM
3 years later... brake safety switch

Old 03-27-2012, 09:53 PM
I have an 02 V8 EB Excursion. Today the key fob stopped working and the power locks would also not work. The truck cranked up fine but the door ajar light came on. The headlights would not turn on in auto mode but would come on if you switched to manual. The power windows and mirrors work fine. The dome light does not come on automatically but will come on if you manually press in the light. The radio stays on and buttons stay lit when the key is removed from the ignition and the door is opened.

I have tried lubricating all the doors so I don't think it is a door switch. I am assuming this has to be electrical and was hoping someone could shed some light or had a similar experience.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2002 Excursion Electrical Problems