2001 Cougar Zn - Transmission needs replaced.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Cougar Zn - Transmission needs replaced.

My wife bought this new in 2000 or 2001. It's seen a lot of highway time. It's stock and original mostly. I've changed the plugs, plug wires, coil pack, rear struts about a month ago, aftermarket CD player, cracked windshield, tires less than a year old, and I replaced the passengers side lower ball joint about a year ago. That's all I've ever had to do to it.

It also has several minor door dings and rock chips. Just normal wear and tear for a car with 208K miles. The interior is in very good shape. And all functions work inside. The only things broken are the transmission and windshield.

The transmission is shot. Drive feels like neutral. Second and first will still get it going but Drive slips.

I'm willing to sell it complete for $900 OBO. Or I will part it out if anyone is interested with any specific parts.

Email me if interested or if you have any questions. You can also post questions to this thread.

Eric.Fuehring@ge.com

Old 12-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Wow. I finally got this posted on a cougar site and parts have been flying off left and right! seats, door panels, headlights, tail lights, wheels, hood, console, carpet, MOTOR, spoiler, door seals, and many others already gone.

I'm about up to $1200 already! Maybe I need to go into the junk yard business

Old 12-20-2011, 04:10 AM
lol, i was about to say. one of my co workers would love to have that hood.

Quick Reply: 2001 Cougar Zn - Transmission needs replaced.