Key in ignition reminder chime

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key in ignition reminder chime

Did a search but didn't see anything on it.
I had the truck (98 F150 4X4) in to get a starter a few weeks ago and since then the reminder chime when you leave the key in the ignition and open the door doesen't work anymore. I've been thru the owners manual front and back and don't see any fuse or relay that might be related to it. Looking for suggestions as to where to check.

Thanks in advance

Old 10-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by R45acp
Did a search but didn't see anything on it.
I had the truck (98 F150 4X4) in to get a starter a few weeks ago and since then the reminder chime when you leave the key in the ignition and open the door doesen't work anymore. I've been thru the owners manual front and back and don't see any fuse or relay that might be related to it. Looking for suggestions as to where to check.

Thanks in advance
on explorers bottom of the dash about mid way across( look above the tranny hump) theres a small grey box plugged in to a connector. its the same silly clips used all over fords but its nothing more than a speaker really. its either loose, unplugged or worn out. I can only guess it would be the same on a F150

Old 10-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does the light come on when the door is opened?

Old 10-18-2007, 01:56 PM
I want to disable mine because it bugs the hell out of me. Thanks for the info! Now its time to unplug the noisy thing...thats if I can find what your talking about

Cheers

Quick Reply: Key in ignition reminder chime