HELP!! Right Turn and hazards solid on when lights are on

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking UPDATE*** HELP! 2004 F150 Right Turn and hazards solid on when lights are on

Hey everyone, Im new on here and I am having a problem that just all of a sudden started out of no where tonight.

I have a 2004 F-150 FX4 4x4 Starting tonight my Right turn signal and my hazards stay on solid only when my headlights or parking lights are turned on. If I turn my lights completely off they work as normal as they should. I also noticed that when I turn my right turn signal on with the lights on that the left turn light dims down. this only happens with the lights turned on. also if I turn the truck off with the right turn signal on it says on steady till I turn off my headlights or parking lights.

I have also notice that once in a great while my cruise will kick off when I have it set on the highway. I do have a code showing saying something about cruise not functioning properly or something. Does cruise have any connection to the Multi Function Switch for the turn signals?

I have not checked any fuses or relays yet. I dont want to go replacing things its not.

Anyone have this issue at all or can someone point me in the right direction? Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Not sure if this is allowed but you can also contact me on Facebook Dave Ledger my profile picture is the front end pic of my truck. If not allowed please let me know

Thank you in advance

******UPDATE******

Just want everyone to know that I fixed this problem. After going to the junk yard and getting a new (used) Multi function Switch (turn signal arm), Headlight switch, Brake switch/neutral safety switch, New relays and Flasher. I put all the parts in, checking all my bulbs, harnesses and still had the problem. I checked all my wiring and disconnected the radio, Amp and my emergency lights to no avail. The problem??? My battery was bad. It was only 2yrs old. Put a new/used battery in it and problem solved. I no longer have the issue and everything works as it should.

Last edited by Dave Ledger; 03-17-2019 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Fixed!
Old 03-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Which version of the F-150? In 2004, they had the 2004 Heritage and then the 2004 NBS. Two totally different trucks. The 2004 heritage were leftover 2003 trucks.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Which version of the F-150? In 2004, they had the 2004 Heritage and then the 2004 NBS. Two totally different trucks. The 2004 heritage were leftover 2003 trucks.
Hi there, it is not the Heritage. It is the Styleside or NBS

Old 03-17-2019, 01:47 PM
Update!!! Fixed!!

Old 03-17-2019, 04:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Typical issue.

I was going to mention that in my OP, but I was more focused on what type of truck you were working on.

Glad you figured it out.

Quick Reply: HELP!! Right Turn and hazards solid on when lights are on