2010 F150 Rear Sensors and Camera failed

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 F150 Rear Sensors and Camera failed

My 2010 F150 backup camera and rear backup sensors both went out at the same time. I searched this site and I did find where others had backup camera or a sensor that went out but not both at the same time. I did try locating a common fuse but I cannot locate a fuse for either in owners manual / google or in this site. I did see on other threads suggesting fuses for the backup camera alone. I checked these and they are fine.... The reverse lights still operate fine..... I am curious if anyone can help solve what they have in common that would take them both out at the same time? Is there a switch in the console? Appreciate any help

Mike

Old 06-26-2018, 02:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I would check the connections.

IIRC, the backup camera and the sensors are on the same harness. There could be corrosion or it got unplugged.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:21 PM
I appreciate that feed-back! Are you aware if this harness is located under the bed or is it in the console?

Old 06-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Judging from the picture, I'd be confident to say the connections are under the bed which end up connecting to a main harness.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Judging from the picture, I'd be confident to say the connections are under the bed which end up connecting to a main harness.

Thank you... After removing the spare, I traced wires to connectors where I unplugged, cleaned and inspected then re-connected the ones I could reach. The rear sensors ARE working and I can't be confident that was due to this process but they are working. The issue remains that the back up camera and the trailer lights are not working. This is how I discovered the rear sensors worked as I backed up to the boat trailer to test the connection. I have replaced the fuses that have any label to do with tow or trailer. The trailer light harness is the same as the rear sensors but the camera is on a different harness. I am trying to learn if there is a circuit breaker for the trailer lights and hope it is the same for the camera. Another note: Last week when I started the truck the dash lit up with warning lights indicating multiple errors. Then it cleared to the ABS light staying on. I shut off the truck, restarted and it cleared all warning lights. I suspect there is an electrical issue somewhere and I am lost on where to search next. Appreciate any other thoughts or clues you may have.

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 Rear Sensors and Camera failed