2014 F150 Air bag light on - not the one for passenger side issue

Old 03-15-2018, 07:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 F150 Air bag light on - not the one for passenger side issue

My 2014 F150 air bag light all of a sudden came on. It is not the one affected by the recall for the passenger side..... A normal code reader will not even show the fault.. Ford dealer says to bring it in and leave it for a week!! "These things are hard to diagnose could be multiple switches or the control module"....
Anyway I cant give up my truck for a week... unless absolutely necessary. I have checked the connector to the impact module that is in front of the radiator (to the side of). This was an issue on older F150's.... Any hints on other things to check? I have moved the seats, bounced on the seat, pulled the seat belts, etc....

Help

Old 03-15-2018, 12:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I recommend checking all of the connectors, not just one.

All it takes it for something to get loose.

Also, an airbag light isn't the end of the world. You can wait until you get time to fix it.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:24 PM
I guess I should have been more clear... does anyone know where the other sensors are? I am hoping it is a loose connection....
I am assuming if the light is on I have NO airbag protection..... the system will not work in a crash.. not something I must have but would be nice!@!!!!

Old 03-18-2018, 10:46 AM

I would start by looking under the seats and the seat belt pretensioner.

Again, these are suggestions.

Unfortunately, the best way to diagnose this one, is to get the SRS system codes checked. Ford can do it, along with some regular auto shops. Sometimes Autozone or AdvanceAuto has the advanced scanners. Depends on the store owner.

This way you know exactly where to look instead of wasting your time.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:57 AM
FIXED??? My light is off but I don't know for sure why... I have a supercab and just for the heck of it, I opened the back door on the driver side and checked the belt, at the attachment point, at the bottom of the door. There is nothing there but a steel "eye". In order to get access that I had to push up on the rubber boot. That was all I did and then closed the door, Now the light it out and Apparently I have air bags!! lol Not too anxious to try them out but feel a little safer..

Old 03-19-2018, 06:59 PM

Now that you know where it is, keep an eye on it. If it gives trouble down the line, take it apart and examine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 F150 Air bag light on - not the one for passenger side issue