2003 F150-All locks stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 F150-All locks stopped working

I have a 2003 F150 SuperCrew and all the power door locks went out at once. When I try to lock or unlock the doors with any door switch or remote I hear a click under the dash but the locks don't move at all. The remote does trigger the lights. I tested for power at the actuator on the drivers door when using the switch and had none. I checked the fuse (115) in the battery junction box and it is good. I also inspected the wires in the drivers door accordion and didn't see any damage. The lights on the door switches come on and all the other accessories work. Does anyone have any other ideas of what I need to look for? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How did you check fuse # 115 ?
- From each pin on the back of the fuse while installed or did you pull it out ?

If the lights do not flash when using the RKE ( Remote Keyless Entry aka fob / remote ) it sounds like an issue with the CSM ( Central Security Module ) up under the dash by the parking brake.

the lights on the switches on the door are from the instrument illumination circuit, so that does not tell anything ( different ground from the switch and LED circuit but same lug ).

- That is the parking brake mech on the left side of the picture

the CSM ( RAP on older models ) is the white box at the top of the picture.

I am thinking issue with the CSM due to the PDL not working and the light flash confirmation not happening.
- If it was a PDL only problem, I would expect the locks to not work but the lights to flash as if the CSM did something.

All the relays that used to be external ( allowed for individual testing ) went away when the RAP was replaced with the CSM in 2001 MY; so it is a crap shoot.