One or two honks when remote locking your truck

Old 04-29-2017, 02:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One or two honks when remote locking your truck

Alright I have now for over 3 years heard one honk when double clicking the lock button on the key, but after and oil change and the latest brake booster recall I now get two honks when hitting the lock button twice?? I called the Ford dealer and they did not know ...maybe they said, the security settings was changed when resetting the oil thingy was reset??
Anyone else have had the happen??

Thanks

Last edited by Peladho; 04-29-2017 at 02:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-29-2017, 02:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No idea.. I've always had the single honk after 2 clicks. Just the light flash on a single click.

Both locks the doors.. The 2 clicks is to verify that the doors are closed all the way.

I've had the brake booster recall just done recently and no change to my single honk.

I change my own oil and reset the oil change thing each time too.

I guess in the end, as long as it's still locking the doors, there you go??

What I do when I leave my vehicle, is I hit the lock door switch on the door when I leave the truck to lock the doors.

Guess that's just habit from having doing that with my old 97 F150 XLT.. No remote locks.. Just the power locks..

I'm an old fart, so I come from the days long before power locks.. Actually, there was a time, you had to physically put the key in the door lock and turn the key to lock the door!

Then, they came up with you could actually push down the lock **** on the door, but you had to lift the door handle, or push the door handle button to open the door as you closed it to keep the door locked..

Anyway, good luck with it.. Just be glad it locks I guess?

Mitch

Old 04-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I found out ...Somewhere in the forum I read that if the Hood sensor is broken or skewed or at least not right it will double honk ...Think it was SScully that mentioned it somewhere but I can not find it now.
So anyway I popped the hood ...and here is what I found

Back to the dealer ...

Search this Thread