Weird window problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 09:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weird window problem

newer 04 f150 lariat
Drivers window. If I hit the down button, the window will go all the way down and I am unable to stop it. Once it is down, I am unable to bring it back up UNLESS I put truck in park, shut the key off, open and close the drivers door, then restart the truck. THEN and only after doing every one of these things will the window then roll up normally.

On a possibly related note, I noticed at a later date, that my cruise control didn't work. I read online to check and see if I could put truck in drive without putting foot on brake which I can. It sighted my interlock switch as possible problem. Could interlock switch be problem and all these things including window be related?
Thanks

Old 02-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
When you use the OTD ( One Touch Down ) and stop it by pressing the down button again does not stop it ?

If you have been using the up side of the switch to stop it, I am going to guess you have carbon arc'd the contacts on the power window switch.
- This will happen from current inrush caused by the motor lowering the window and reversing mid travel to up direction.

Take a look at this thread on removing the switch and checking the contacts.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...ow-switch.html

Old 02-18-2017, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
When you use the OTD ( One Touch Down ) and stop it by pressing the down button again does not stop it ?

If you have been using the up side of the switch to stop it, I am going to guess you have carbon arc'd the contacts on the power window switch.
- This will happen from current inrush caused by the motor lowering the window and reversing mid travel to up direction.

Take a look at this thread on removing the switch and checking the contacts.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...ow-switch.html
Sorry it has taken so long to see this.
Yes that is correct, I can not stop window by pressing he button again to stop it.
And once it is down, I can not bring it back up unless I shutoff key then turn back on, and open door.
Would dirty contacts cause all this? As Mentioned before, my cruise doesn't work anymore could it be related? I will check out the contacts.
Thanks

Old 02-25-2017, 10:10 PM
I removed the switch, disassembled and cleaned contacts as per instructions per link provided by sscully. switched worked. Then today didn't work again. shut off truck, opened and closed door, turned key back on, window goes up.
In addition, cruise doesn't work, and just discovered heated mirrors won't stay on when I press button indicator light stays on for split second then goes off.
Can all these things be related?