no signal lights but hazards and brake lights work fine

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no signal lights but hazards and brake lights work fine

i have a 2004 F150 my signal lights just stopped working both at once no dash indicater either my hazard lights and brake lights work fine when you press the brake and flick the signal switch the brake light on that side blinks once i checked the fuse it was fine i changed the flasher still no dice everything else on the multifunction switch works fine just no signal could the switch be the culpret ?? if so can a regular steering wheel puller work or do i need a two hook puller ?

Old 01-31-2017, 11:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would guess it is the switch, but it should be removed and tested

No need to pull the steering wheel, it is under the top cover on the steering wheel column.
- Screws together from the bottom. One of the holes does not have a screw it is for using a pump to release the ign key tumbler.

Old 02-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i replaced the switch today no dice still same problem im wondering if the flasher i got and replaced is maybe the problem i seen a youtube video and the guy used the same part number flasher as the one i got but it might not be compatible how do i find out ?? my original part is 4l3t the new one is 5l3t ??