07 Remote Start system 200 no start

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Remote Start system 200 no start

So my remote start was working until I replaced the battery last season.

I checked most of the threads but didn't find my exact problem. I suspect it is the Key Bypass system.

The truck beeps and pretends to start but never actually engages the starter.
The dash, heater, radio all turn on and stay on until I either hit the brake pedal (with key out) or turn the truck off using the remote start again.

If I hold a key (either one works) next to the ignition column and press the remote start the vehicle starts properly.

So does that mean the PATs system and or antenna has failed?

Thanks JC

Old 11-25-2016, 08:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What is the PATS light on the dash doing when this happens ?
EG: Flash / off / other ?

How many times does the Horn honk ?

Did you mash the hood tilt sensor when changing the battery ?
- This is one example of 2 honk code.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:22 PM
Single honk. Pats light blinks fast.
If I hold the key near the steering column and when I press the start button everything is the same except it starts and there is no blinking.

Old 11-27-2016, 12:17 AM

That appears to be an issue with the Securilock Interface.

You might want to check that the Securilock Interface antenna ring is still in place and next make sure that it is still plugged in the remote start module.

You could try another reprogram on it, but I don't know why this would cure it.
- PATS keys are stored in NVRAM, so battery is not needed to keep the list of key codes.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:51 AM
[QUwOTE=SSCULLY;5207539]That appears to be an issue with the Securilock Interface.

You might want to check that the Securilock Interface antenna ring is still in place and next make sure that it is still plugged in the remote start module.

You could try another reprogram on it, but I don't know why this would cure it.
- PATS keys are stored in NVRAM, so battery is not needed to keep the list of key codes.[/QUOTE]
How do you reprogram the secure lock interface? is that the same procedure of placing the first key to run, wait for light to go out, swap keys, wait for light to go out, remove key and press start button?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by NeoRules
[QUwOTE=SSCULLY;5207539]
How do you reprogram the secure lock interface? is that the same procedure of placing the first key to run, wait for light to go out, swap keys, wait for light to go out, remove key and press start button?
That is the process of reprogramming an additional key.

Do you have your install manual for it ?
- The programming the secure lock interface as a 3rd ( 4th ? ) key is in there.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
The problem is the PATS bypass for the remote start. It isn't recognizing a valid keycode during remote starting attempts.

Start by figuring out WHAT you have for a remote start and what bypass configuration you have. The most common bypass method involves an extra programmed key in a separate module up under the dash with a loop antenna wire that runs down to and surrounds the factory transceiver ring. The alternate configuration is a separate electronics module that has either a compatible or programmable RFID chip in it and is programmed into the PATS system as if it were an extra key.

Of course, you can always use my "redneck bypass" method. Take a known working key, remove the transceiver ring from around the cylinder, fasten the key into the ring using duct tap or a zip tie, then stuff the whole thing up under the dash as far as you can and secure it with duct tape or zipties. And, for anyone who wants to fuss about the diminished security, think about he following: 1) The truck is over 10 years old, it's hardly a target for thieves except joyriders or someone who needs parts, 2) It's no less secure than the bypass modules that use a real key, and 3) If you keep your mouth shut, no one will ever know how it's configured and the joy riders aren't going to take time to figure it out.