Help Rear Sliding Window Glass Troubleshooting 2011 F150 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Rear Sliding Window Glass Troubleshooting 2011 F150 Limited

I need some help diagnosing the issue with my rear sliding glass. I purchased the truck knowing the sliding glass didn't work. I figured it wouldnt be a big deal changing out the motor or whatever was wrong.

I found a refurb motor and cable assembly online and went to tear into the back seat to remove the motor. I found it difficult to remove the cable assembly so I thought i would just replace the motor. I unhooked the motor from the spool assembly and thought i might give the motor a try to ensure the cable assembly wasnt causing the issue. When I hit the switch in the overhead the motor would only go one way and not reverse.

I plugged a multi-meter in the 2 wire connector that goes to the motor and the connector is seeing +12v with the switch in 1 position and -12v with the switch reversed. Since everything checked out in the truck i assumed i just needed to swap motors. I plugged the refurb motor in and it acted the EXACT same way. I don't think there is anyway both motors are bad .....

Does anyone know what could be causing the issue or what to check next? I am at a loss.

Quick Reply: Help Rear Sliding Window Glass Troubleshooting 2011 F150 Limited