Alarm and starting problems 1994

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm and starting problems 1994

Electrical problems. Problems starting and alarm won't turn off. I have a 1994 F150 that I left sitting for a week. When I started it for the first time it had trouble turning the engine but eventually started up. After about 5 minutes of driving I parked at a gas station and turned off the engine. When I tried to start the engine from there I couldn't. It first was spinning the engine very slow and was acting like a low battery. I tried for about 10 minutes and the whole time weird things were happening with electrical system. The radio and lights were acting up and would even turn on erratically after removing the key. I hooked the car up to another battery and then tried to start the engine, without success. Then the alarm kicked on full force and hasn't turned off since. I unhooked the battery to stop the alarm and it starts up again as soon as I reconnect the battery. I never had a remote and the chip key is still in the slot. Any thoughts?

Old 07-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
First: charge the battery.
Second: click this & read all the captions:

Third: read this caption, and fill in your profile & signature with ALL the truck's details:

Don't use my signature as a guide - I'm not here asking technical questions about my trucks. Define "alarm". Is it a screeching siren, or are you talking about the horn honking?

Old 10-02-2021, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same Issue

Any solutions to this thread? I changed the passenger side lock on my 98' 4.6L and since putting the panel back on my windows, interior dome light, and windshield wipers won't work (the wipers only work for one cycle). Wires look good, connections look fine.

Changed relay to no avail. Please HELP!

Old 10-02-2021, 11:31 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
This thread is about a 1994, totally different than your 98.

Quick Reply: Alarm and starting problems 1994