Power loss to windows, gauges, and radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power loss to windows, gauges, and radio

I have an 06 F150 FX4 that has an electrical issue. The windows, gauges, and radio lose power off and on. At random times. They will quit and come back on, sometimes right away, and sometimes takes quite a while. Has anyone ever experienced this situation, and what can I do to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance for help.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:28 AM
I had a similar issue with my 2011 XLT that was a short circuit in the wiring loom into the driver's door. I would lose the whole instrument cluster when opening or closing the door. Still not fixed properly so it may be something else.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Had the same problem with my old Explorer. It was the turn signal, easy fix though. Why the whole switch? Never looked into it...

Old 07-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BeastofBurden
I had a similar issue with my 2011 XLT that was a short circuit in the wiring loom into the driver's door. I would lose the whole instrument cluster when opening or closing the door. Still not fixed properly so it may be something else.
Welcome to the forum, BeastofBurden. Have you ever mentioned this power issue to your dealership? How many miles are on your rig currently? I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Quick Reply: Power loss to windows, gauges, and radio