AirBag Fault Code 19

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 11:48 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Now, from what I found out, if the clock spring is defective, then the horn, turn signals, CC, and almost any electric component on the steering wheel will have some issues or don’t work at all.
That only applies to older vehicles as the 2008, for example, has discrete wiring in the clockspring that is dedicated solely to the driver's airbag circuitry. Older vehicles used a wiring scheme that used several of the wires for multiple functions.

That's not saying the dealer's diagnosis is wrong or right, but your counter-argument is deflated (not valid).

Old 08-31-2017, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clockspring

Originally Posted by elgaucho
I have a 2008 F-150 with an airbag code 19, it started a couple of months after a local dealer activated a Cruise Control in it.
I really don’t know if the problem could be related to the activation, but I took it back to be checked out and I was told that the clock spring was bad and it will cost me $775.00 to replace it.
Now, from what I found out, if the clock spring is defective, then the horn, turn signals, CC, and almost any electric component on the steering wheel will have some issues or don’t work at all. All of that is working without any problems, is that possible? Can someone give me a little more info, I’m having second guesses about the diagnostics. Thanks
I ended up having the dealer replace the clockspring since I didn't want to mess around with airbag stuff.

The $775 seems really steep for this repair though, I think I only paid around $300.

Hope this helps,

Bimmerod

Old 10-25-2017, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Lincoln Mark LT Truck -- Airbag light illuminates

Upon starting the truck... airbag warning light on the dash illuminates; then goes out -- after a few seconds the airbag warning light flashed once; then pauses a moment; then flashes 9 more times. After repeating the error code 19 a total of three times; the airbag warning light remains on.
How do I fix this?

Quick Reply: AirBag Fault Code 19