replacement bulb vs. hid kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
replacement bulb vs. hid kit

if i were to get a decent replacement bulb would it compare to a HID kit? im just trien to save a little money and if this is possible then im sold. i dont know too much bout this stuff, but id like an 8000k bulb. any good brands i should look for or a certain bulb thats pretty sweet? thanks.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 PM
No halogen will compare to an HID kit. Try something with a cleaner, brighter, legal like a set of silverstars.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed Silverstars last week and I am completely happy with them.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:38 PM
I have had both first silver stars ultras then went to hids/ with projectors. The silver stars where OK for 3-4 months, but after about 6 they where yellow as my oem bulbs and VERY DIM. Not to mention when it would rain at night i couldn't even see the road, looked like a black hole with glowing lines. and here in so cal we have some pretty beat up roads and pot holes would come out of NO WHEAR!! and for the $60 i payed at auto zone, and the $30 for a ddm kit their is NO COMPARISON!! Not to mention with my oem setup with silver stars i got flashed 2-3 times a week, since i put in hids/ projectors i haven't gotten flashed once!

In my opinion, either accept that your headlights are going to be yellow and average, or do hids the right way in projectors of some kind (retro fit or new housings). It just seems like every one wants it all..... performance, low price, and slick looks! in reality pick 2 that u can live with......

Quick Reply: replacement bulb vs. hid kit