Turn signals and hazard lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scout, when the short ocurred did it blow a fuse? im dealing with the same circuit but it repeatedly blows the#2 fuse. and funnily enough i did move the steering wheel up on friday. too weird, but i dont want to have to keep my wheel in one position, so we shall check it out in the am.

Last edited by bdbaggr; 02-01-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: needed to edit?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ScoutJT
Ok figured it out. My father in law had lowered the tilt on my steering wheel and there was a short. I raised it back up and everything works fine now. So if anyone else comes across the same problem that might give them a good place to start looking
Behind the knee panel is another connector for the MFS wiring.

Remove the knee panel, and make sure the MFS connector is together.
Some have had the truck's side of the harness get pulled tight, and it starts to pull the connector apart.

Pull up some slack on the truck side of the harness, and zip tie it to the knee panel frame.

Take the connector apart and make sure none of the pins are discolored or damaged. If you can get it to plug back together, and hold you are good to go. If it moves you will need to zip tie the connector together

Old 02-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Have you tested the MFS ?
Im not sure what the MFS is or how to test it

Old 02-01-2010, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by crazynip
Im not sure what the MFS is or how to test it
MFS = MultiFunction Switch

The test procedure is in post #4 above.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:26 PM
There any way to test it without an ammeter?

Old 02-01-2010, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by crazynip
There any way to test it without an ammeter?
Need to find out if there is continuity through the switch.

Easiest route is with a meter, but if you had a self powered test light, or hooked up an external DC power source, a test light would also work.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:06 PM
This condition magically fixed itself a week or so ago and has been without issue ever sense. I cant wait to get rid of this ****ing truck, I am so over the mysterious issues and problems.

Old 12-06-2022, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by daveally
The turn signals and hazaard lights on my 2006 F150 just stopped working all of a sudden. I've checked all of the fuses and they're fine. All I've checked are fuses. Are there relays that should be checked? Should I check the multi-function switch? Is it possible that the switch could be stuck and not bad? Thanks for any help you can give. It's driving me crazy.
to repair your problem , run a ground wire from cigarette lighter ground wire, the black one, to the battery . Don't trust grounding on body or frame. Hook straight to nagativ terminal on battery.

Old 12-06-2022, 05:42 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by James Venne
to repair your problem , run a ground wire from cigarette lighter ground wire, the black one, to the battery . Don't trust grounding on body or frame. Hook straight to nagativ terminal on battery.
That was 13 years ago.... He's probably fixed ti by now.

Old 12-06-2022, 07:26 PM
the reason for this is the 4 way flashers are always hot. The blinkers are hot only when key is on. The cigarette lighter is tied with the ground for head lights and 4 way flashers. By adding ground to lighter, you have added ground to your flashers and blinkers.

Old 12-06-2022, 07:29 PM
the reason for this is the 4 way flashers are always hot. The blinkers are hot only when key is on. The cigarette lighter is tied with the ground for head lights and 4 way flashers. By adding ground to lighter, you have added ground to your flashers and blinkers.

Quick Reply: Turn signals and hazard lights not working