Electrical Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Problem?

I have a 2005 Ford F150 King Ranch; my problem is in the morning when starting up my truck my gages seem to freeze longer than usual along with the RPM and Speed gages. None of them moves until the engine is up to speed. The key problem here is that the gages have been taken longer than usual to show engine status.

Along with that my radio has been reset too! The radio will be completely blank for a few second until the engine gets up to speed. When it is finally on it act like the battery has been disconnected and I have to reset the stations and time. The above problems has been going on for a month now.

I also posted this in the King Ranch forum.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
When did you replace the battery last ?

Have you had it tested ?

Old 10-29-2009, 04:07 PM
The battery in the truck is the original that came with the truck when I brought it in 2005. I will get it tested on the way home tonight.

Will it be the battery when the truck starts up? But then it doesn’t have an immediate start like it did new.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I am taking a stab at what could be the source of the symptoms.

The 99-03 MY the gauges would act difference with a low battery. I have read different symptoms ( one is what you describe ) when members have dying batteries on 04-08 MY trucks.

This could also be corrosion on the battery terminals ??

Just some things to look at, as it seems once a charge is being applied to the battery, things square up. That is what I am building this guess on.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Thumbs up Replace the Battery!

Well I went to AutoZone to have my battery check; you were right as far as the battery is going bad. They also check the alternator and it check out good. Went to Battery Warehouse here in Killeen and had the old battery exchange with an Interstate Mega-Tron Plus. No reason really on the purchase of that particular battery, beside it was recommend by some friends. Thank you all for your help! Good people on this sight.

Quick Reply: Electrical Problem?