2019 F150 central unlock not working

Old 07-03-2021, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 F150 central unlock not working

Here in NE GA back around Feb this year we had brief, but strong cold snap. On one of the one days I ran to the store and when I came home and shut the engine off I noticed the truck electrica going bonkers. The display graphics, headlights, and seemingly everything flickering for a few seconds. I started the truck up for a few minutes and let it run and all seemed to be back to normal.

The next time I went to use the truck I noticed none of the passenger doors were not unlocking. To this day, all passenger doors will lock via all means (fob, door buttons, etc) but none of the three passenger doors will unlock via any method other than manual.

I took a look around the wiring in/around the doors and up near right lock plate but don’t see anything out of place. When I press the unlock door button I can hear (what I believe to be) the central unlock relay clicking but the locks don’t move.

Any ideas or am I doomed to take in to dealer for expert?

Old 07-03-2021, 09:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I would look at the settings on the truck.

Also, why didn't you bring it in for warranty service?

Old 07-03-2021, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
I would look at the settings on the truck.

Also, why didn't you bring it in for warranty service?
I took another look at the settings and turned things on/off, but no help. I don’t think I’m missing anything in the settings?

I’m well past the 3yr/36k warranty. From what I’ve read electrical issues aren’t covered beyond that period.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 F150 central unlock not working